More Delays

Thomas95SC

Im still in the process of doing a HG job. Today I removed the fuel rail and intake manifold. Not to mention all the wiring to it all. My next step was to unbolt the accessory bracket and pull it forwad. Well.....There are two bolts, one on each side that I cant get to. One behind that stupid bracket that holds the PS pump tp the WP. The other is on the passenger side slightly behind one of the SC pulleys. Im going to get a 15mm wrench to get them out seeing is how there is not one in my set. I also have to pick up some deep sockets for the vavle covers and exhaust manifold bolts and studs. Hopefully I'll have them off by tomarrow.

So are you asking for something? Because there is three bolts on that bracket. One is a stud into the head with a nut. It's hard to see and behind the PS pulley.

Im not really asking a question, more like looking for suggestions. I guess im going to have to pull the PS pulley off the pump to get to the stud thats behind there. As for the other bolt, its behind the double pulley the runs the SC on the passenger side. I guess im going to have to unbolt the front pulley and see if I can also pull the back one so I can fit a socket wrench it in there.

You need to pull the power steering pulley to get the bracket off or to move it forward.

All the other bolts can be reached via a wrench or socket.

I think when i did my mounts.That to remove the power steering pump
bracket.I cut it into with a cutting torch.This is because I did not have
the proper puller for the power steering pulley.A regular gear puller
would not work to remove the pulley.

I finally got a power steering pulley puller later before i put the SC back
together.You do not need the bracket that go's from the power steering
pump to the water pump.Throw it away.

RANDY

Yeah, I had to remove that same stupid bracket on my 93. Threw them both away. All I have left to do is remove the exhaust manifold from the cats and unbolt the heads. The bolts that are by the exhaust manifold are in there pretty good. Tomarrow im going to use a breaker bar with a 1/2 in drive to remove the bolts. If that doesnt work, impact wrench.

For the exhaust you might want to try useing a 6 point socket
and or wrench.This will lessen the chance of rounding the heads
of the bolts or nuts off.

RANDY

Yeah, be careful with breaker bars. If it's sufficient in length it'll get that apart, but it may do so by sacrificing the stud in the manifold.

Use lots of Deep Creep or other penetrating fluid a good long time before trying to torque on it. And 6 point sockets are a requirement.

Maybe I was lucky, but on the alt. bracket I just kept trying different combinations of extensions and swivels until I got that stud nut to come off. It really wasn't that hard. You should not have to cut anything or pull the power steering pulley off.

Back