Ahhhhhhhh

92redsc

my engine sucks hard. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. just wanted to let that out. i seriously am gonna sell this car. all it does is sit in my garage. ive drivin it a total of 15 days since i bought it. the other 4 months or so its been in my garage with 3 different problems. im down to the pistons for the 2nd time and have no clue what is wrong. my car can suck a nut. i had 13 second timeslips in the future for this car but it has cost me so much to fix it i have no money left. oh well, i like getting beat by mustangs and camaros and modified chevy trucks. one real question though, if i put on a exhaust, fresh air intake, MPII blower and highflow plenum(which will be the rest of my money) will that get me a mid 14, and will the car be starving for gas? and do the airbags really work for the springs? thanks guys.
scincerly ripping out my hair
Hunter

off-topic

LOL superloop, i like your signature man, youve got a good sense of humor about things. id stiull be crying right now.

take er easy buddy!

Hehe, Yeah I got sense of humor, but I'm still crying:( That's why I'm looking for a 5 speed SC so it can dry the tears from my eyes:D (while I'm flying down the highway with the windows down)
Take care

Hey, 92redsc let me know about ur car and if you don't wanna sell her, maybe I can help you to get it running right:cool:

With those added mod they may get you to the mid 14s.
I have those mods plus a 76mm MAF & 75MM throttle body.
My best time is 14.1s

What type symptom do you have that you motor is not running
proper.List them maybe some one can help you out.It may be
very simple fix.

Randy

um i dont think its a simple fix. first thing that happend were the head gaskets right. fixed them and the exhaust and ran fine for a day just stumbled a little bit. next day was driving it and i had to keep giving it more gas to stay up to speed. next thing i knew the pedal was to the floor, there was no boost in the gauge, my speed was decreasing and the motor was schreeching. first though was blower, and i checked the blower oil. it was low so i put some oil in. started it back up and it ran fine for a second. started to back out and it started idling horriblly and schreeching/knocking again. this time it sounded more like something was on top of the piston and getting hit every stroke you know. stopped it, looked at a couple of things, started it back up and it will idle but makes that metal noise in the engine. i figure a chunk of rotor came off and got sucked in. checked the blower and it was fine. got pretty sure thats where the sound was coming from and took the engine back apart but the walls, pistons, and heads are fine and i am stumped on what was making that noise. maybe a rod???? i think i am going to pull the engine and get it checked out unless you guys can think of something else. thanks

(ps superloop, i didnt know anything happend to our car buddy! sorry, and mabey we can get together sometime)

With your description,I would guess that when the head gasket went out.
That you may have got anti-freeze in the oil,and the bearings are getting ready
to seize.

I blew a head gasket on a differrent type motor.And got anti-freeze in the oil.
Well I change the head gasket.And the motor ran fine for about two weeks.
the one day while driving. The motor started to loose power.I drove it a couple
more miles,and it just kept loosing power till the motor stoped.It was locked
up.

This really hurt me that this happin at this time line .Because I dident have
much money to fix the 4 cylinder motor in my ranger again.But I had a 302 with 4
speed in a wrecked mustang.So I pulled the 4 banger out and put the 302 &
4 speed in the truck.After I got it going in a week.It turned out to be a nice &
fast truck.

So maybe a good time to pull the motor out,And look it over.If you don't want
to fix or can't fix.You might want to look around for a small or big block v-8 swap.
And bolt a KB blower on top.And sell your SC motor and parts to help with this
swap.

Maybe XR7DAVE OR PRO-STREET RICH can be of help with this swap. Then you
can wave at the stangs and camaros as you pass them.

RANDY

Last edited:
Back