Drag Coefficient

BlownTbird

I have searched all over the Internet but cannot seem to find the Drag Coefficient of an SC, does anyone know what it is?

BTW

~I dont have an SC yet, but have wanted one for years and now that the head gasket has blown in my 85 Cougar(3.8) I am going to buy one in a few months.:cool:

Last edited:
aerodynamics wise, the SuperCoupe was the Lowest wind resistant drag coefficient of any car manufactured by Ford up to that date(1989).

basically these cars really slice through the air , better than most out there in fact.

sorry i dont have more concrete numbers.

Last edited:
BINGO

Car Craft Magazine 1989 - Coefficient Drag = 0.35

there you go, i just had to go and look at all my ads and road tests i have framed.:D

I thought...

Road and track tested the T-bird SC at Cd=0.32?

I know that a Ferrari Modena has a Cd=0.33.

im sure they all differ, id go check all the other tests, but hat means taking them down off the wall and outa the frames. maybe ill do it later before the bruins game tonight:D

Robert Keck now living in Waco, TX who owns 2 SCs did a wind tunnel test on a SC for a project in college. I have a copy somewhere. Forget what name he goes by but seldom posts. He has a 4.2 stroker and may use that name or similar. I will have to find my copy and post or will ask him if OK to do so. It is sorta big and I may need to send to scguys to post it somehow.

Back