pulling my blower this week

turboken

I have to get my blower rebuilt. I will be pulling it off this week (this evening). the most difficult thing I have done to my 93 SC so far is change sparkplugs and the metal and rubber tube (no-longer serviced by ford) that goes under the intake tube and goes to the heater core (fastens to 2 passenger side header bolts). Can I just unbolt the 2 nuts attaching the intercooler to the tube, the 4 bolts attaching the top (says3.8 SC), all the vaccuum hoses, and the 4 bolts holding the blower in? can I leave the piece that bolts to the intake manifold (blower return) alone? As i see it, the blower, inlet, and throttlebody will all be attached as one piece. thanks for the help all. later

ken

As i see it, the blower, inlet, and throttlebody will all be attached as one piece.

your correct on that, and it seems that is the simplest way to yank that sucker outta there. As for the bolts holding dwon the supercharger it-self........i may be dumb but i thought only 2 bolts held it down? im gunna go check real quick.

take er easy

correction 3 bolts :D did a little search;)

1) remove belt
2) remove 4 bolts from SC top and two bolts where top I/C tube bolts to intercooler. Then lift up entire tube and top.
3) rubber air intake tube. Then take a screw driver and pop throttle cable off butterfly.
4) remove two bolts that hold throttle cable bracket to plenum. I believe they are 13mm
5) Remove two back EGR bolts if you have EGR
6) remove all vacuum lines to the plenum, label them
7) Remove PCV hose from the back of the plenum.
8) Unplug TPS and IAC sensors.
9) loosen two clamps that hold rubber bypass tube from inlet to the return inlet.
10) remove three large bolts that hold the blower to the manifold
11) unplug your three passenger side spark plug wires from the coil. They run over the supercharger, so they have to be unplugged.
12) Lift and remove blower.
:D

Yes, that's pretty much how I do it, except it's only necessary to loosen the hose clamp on the supercharger side of the bypass hose.

I also find it easier to remove and attach the vacuum lines on the back of the plenum with the blower assembly pulled forward toward the radiator an inch or two.

The SC top and IC tube connection can be re-sealed with Permatex Copper RTV (orange). Use a very thin layer on the SC top and a 3/16" bead on the IC tube.

The job is much easier than changing the plugs, especially if you don't have to mess with EGR.

David

Back