Bilstein shocks

Delaware SC

Does anyone know where to get some Bilstein shocks for Thunderbirds?

I have tried ordering them, contacted several venders, and even talked to Bilstein. The B46-1505 front shocks have been discontinued. Bilstein told me a list of vendors that had recently ordered and received the B46-1505 as late as December 2003. Several vendors that I have contacted have the B46-1506 in stock but not any B46-1505.

I was really looking forward to replacing my OEM shocks with the Bilsteins. I guess the only other choice is Koni or KYB.

At the top right there is a search. Maybe just maybe that might help you find out what your asking since there have been other posts about this.

ok i just found the site. It's http://www.bimmerparts.com/ i just ordered mine through them about 10 min ago. They claim to have both in stock. I guess we'll have to see. Total for all 4 shocks was 332. Shipping total came to $343.39. Not a bad price for top of the line shocks. I guess these are the best out there....right under konis, but i dont want to pay close to 500 for shocks.

FastSC92,

Thanks, I'm not real optimistic but I ordered them from Bimmerparts too.

The price for the Koni shocks doesn't seem to much more than the price for the Tokico shocks. I thought the mono tube hi pressure gas shocks by Bilstein were supposed to be superior.

I have heard the Koni at their softest setting is firmer than the firmest aftermarket shock. Haven't experienced it myself yet.

are you happy with your shocks? How is the right quality...and also...do the fronts come with rubber insulators where the springs seat?

Bilsteins ride great!

I am very happy with the ride of the bilsteins. The ride is firm but not so firm that it makes you sick. Haven't pushed the shocks performance wise yet but I am sure they handle fine. I dont know if rubber insulators were included or not, I took mine straight to the mechanic when I got them. Me + spring compressor= trouble!

The Bilstein B46-1505 front shocks are discontinued. Even bimmerparts.com can't get them. They took my order but only delivered the rear shocks. Now I have to return them and hope for a full refund after they shipped an incomplete order of the two rear shocks.

Looks like I'll stick with the OEM shocks from fordpartscheap.com unless someone has a better idea.

Finally installing the Bilstein front shocks I bought several years ago. After frustrations finding front shocks I ended up locating a pair that were packaged for south of the border.

Had a hell of time getting the cap nut on the top of the first shock. Until I figured out that the nuts which came with the shocks are not the correct thread!! The nuts that came in packaging are M12x1.25 but the threads on shocks are M12x1.50. The same thread as our lug nuts.

Better yet is I couldn't find any nuts in that size. Found 1.25 and 1.75 but the only nuts that I could find with 1.50 are lug nuts. Thankfully Autozone had M12x1.50 lug nuts in stock.

Looking forward to checking out the ride with four Bilstein shocks.

Back