Mysterious Fuel Coupling

cstemm

Alright, just today i was drivin the bird, and it stalls and sputters out and dies. I immediately look under the hood, the return line off the motor at the coupling has some how came off, i put it back on just enough to get the car back home....but then it just released again after i got it in the garage... Does anybody know what could cause this problem and what i could do to fix it....I am not exactly sure how the fit the coupling back on right so, that may be a good starting place. thanks guys

check the inside of the female plug.make sure nothing is busted or bent funny. you can cut off the coupler and rig it with a ribbed brass connector (which i had to do because the former owner of mine cut the line) but i would suggest it. like rlong said just make sure the line is completeley snapped together they are kinda tricky and sometimes seem like they are together when they arent.

Man get that fixed right now. You will end up with "Big Rrrrroaring Flames" (as Tom the Cat would say).

Is the spring stilll in the fat end?

Jeff

Sounds like the garter spring in the female connector is shot. You can get replacement garter springs at parts stores. The garter spring is what locks around the male connection when its inserted into the female thus holding the connection together.

Back