Water in the SC?

Jspec_MR2t

If water gets in the supercharger will it hurt it? Because we had a washer fluid line hooked up to a vacuum hole and were not sure if it could hurt it.

ok i dont mean to be a jerk but if you or someone you know hooked up a washer line to a vacuum port i wouldnt let them touch it again....but anyways as long as you drive it regularly it wont hurt just make sure you dont let it sit. windsheild washer fluid is a mild solvent which can take oil off the screws of the sc. i dont know about cars but with airplanes we fog the sc once in a while just so it doesnt rust up.

as hot as the sc gets it would probably boil that right out.and yes don't let that guy touch ur car again.i don't know where he hooked the washer line up at but if it got in with the sc fluid u might wanna change that.

Alright , this is what happened my dad is working on a cutomers 89 SC. The car was brought to him in pieces. The guy wants him to put the SC back on and hook everything up to make it run. I dont know how it got hooked up there, it was prolly a mistake. Its kinda hard to hook everything up right when you dont even know how it was before the other guy tore it apart.

oh take it from me. i know how hard it is to put these cars back together. when i got mine the engine was in the trunk and half the damn pieces were missing. the engine was self explanitory but the vacuum system is totally different. what a pain in the a$$

I know what happened. He probably hooked up the wiper fluid line AFTER the main vac tree next to the clutch M/C, then to the other vac tree next to the intake plenum, it then goes to the intake manifold for vacuum. Easy to mix up where to hook up wrong as the early SC's have an ugly vac system to figure out. Especialy if it was already apart.

Nice screename you got there....:eek: :D

Last edited:
hmmmmmmmmm.....i found the diagram that guy was looking at
1.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
it took me a minute but i figured out what you meant thats funnier than the vacuum

damn newbs. the turn signal fluid goes in the kenueter valve in the tail light. make sure you also check the muffler bearings, those damn things always rust out.maybe you ought to get the manual from SC UL8R1990

Back