4 Clicks vs 1 Click

RTStabler51

Tonight I had my buddy (A Ford Tech) install my recently purchased Tokico Strut / Spring combo.

Before Hand the Firm ride was flashing a Code 4 (IIRC that was something with the front left or right strut).

Anyways, now i love the ride and the Firm Ride code is gone.

What i noticed is though, before when the Firm Ride would shut of I could hear 4-5 clicks from the back when it would turn off. now I only hear one? Also, there isn't a noticeable difference between the two settings. is that due to the springs? Or are the acuators needed looked at?

Thanks guy.s

I never noticed any difference between the 2 settings either. I'm going with Koni's
I use stock springs.

EDIT: Hows your SVT coming along? I have a 2000 that I bought new, the wife negotiated one hell of a deal on it. I just could'nt pass it up plus its a very fun car to drive.:)

Last edited:
i think the 4-5 ticks your heard was the actuator actually trying to change from auto to firm ride, or vice versa. thats why you had the code.

after i cleaned out the 2 front actuators and moved them around manually with needle nose plyers...they were fine. There was no code in the auto ride setting and there was only a single click when i flipped the switch. so that just means its moving freely.

btw - nice assortment of cars!:D

When the relays try switching and cannot (from bad shocks or other malfunctioning items in the system), you will get the multiple clicks, that is what you heard. The 1 click is just the relay switching as it should.

Thanks guys!:) Glad to know its finally a good thing! :)

Thanks Walter! I also have a 84 5.0 TBird sitting in the garage waiting for me to get done messing with the other ones!

Last edited:
Back