fuel cells?

dodgetruck91

i was just wonderinig if anyone ran a fuel cell at all?
this summer will be te last of the cougar being a dailiy driver and i was wondereing that since it will see less sreet and mroe strip use if i should use a fuel cell? i was looking at it and it would move more of te weight over the wheels, im just wondering about safety and what not, any input is welcomoe, thanks.

I am almost done with a complete new fuel system on my Bird, that includes a cell. I will be using mine for street, strip, and show, so wanted a decent size since my new engine is not designed for fuel economy. I decided I wanted a 16 gal cell.

Here is the box. The sump area is high enough that it is protected by the rear bumper. The fitting with the blue cap on it is the return line. The vent goes to the right side, through the area where the normal gas filler is mounted, then down to where the over flow was connected.

fuelcellbox.jpg

Here is a link to the fuel system pages:
http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/birdwork5.htm

Here is the cell details:
http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/birdworka2.htm

I hope that helps.

wow thats a nice set-up! will that help with weight? and after thinking some more, you could probably get alot better of an exhaust underneath with the tank out of the way:)

wow, nice setup, what kinda bills do u have into it? that was second reason was to give me more room for custom exhaust. and how do the wires andn hoses get hooked up? thanks

Thanks for the compliments. I did it to make the car legal for the class I will be in next year, and to be able to do the exhaust how I wanted. The new engine needed bigger fuel line also, so I just reworked the complete fuel system.

I don't even want to think about how much I have into it so far. As soon as all the kinks are out of this, it will be time to add a little boost. :)

whoa thats quite the engine!! what kinda power is it gunna make? what class are you running in?

big thumbs up!

It's approximately 500 HP now, and with the pending head, and cam change, and adding a supercharger, will be in the 700 HP range soon.

I ran out of fittings yesterday, but almost done with the fuel system.

cellinbox1.jpg

Will give Summit a call today.

Back