F This

Killer SC

ok after many unsuccessful attempts at this stupid P/S pulley removal I've concluded that I am unable to work on any car at anytime, I feel like such a punk that I can't do this but it's just retarded. So this car is going back together, and I'm laughing right now thinking of "how the hell am i gonna put this back together." I'm certainly not selling it b/c the joy of driving it (when it runs) is greater than the pain i'm in now. So thanks for all the advice but I'm just not built to fix cars.

im kinda the same way. im really impatient though. so i get frusterated really easily. Ive had my sc for about 6 months and im only 18 yrs. old. Its more than a handful to work on. Alot of places wont even touch these cars. Just take your time and if you have to, walk away from the darn thing for however long you need to cool down.

if you dont cool down youll likely F something up for real, then youll be really pissed and dfown more $$$.

hope everything works out for ya!

you might be down

at the momment ...but the pain you feel now ...will be worse later
if you don't change those mounts ...it's your first time ...but the experince you will gain is priceless...not something you can get from reading a book ..and if you complete this task ...the next time ..something down below needs fixing ..it will be so much easier..and you are so close ..as i said before you find that line to the back of the powerstreering pump.. unplug the EVO and feel the behind the pump ..be the only thing connected to pump ..undo the clamp ..and the whole backet ..will fall on the ground ...don't give up ...dave

Last edited:
When I started out I didn't even know what it meant to have 'gears'.....no, really.
My patience was non-existent then. After I got sick and tired of self-inflicted cuts and bruises I started counting to ten......then to one hundred. Neither worked because I would just count faster the higher I went.
Then I started talking to people and asking for help.

"Ahhhhhh, so that's what having gears is all about.";)

Now, I am afraid of nothing on my car, or anyone else's for that matter.

While there is nothing wrong with wanting to do stuff to your car yourself you might want to get others involved that have had experience doing it. Don't get me wrong......we all have to learn somewhere. When you have a project where you're dealing with parts you've never dealt with before (same for tools) see if someone can come out and lend a hand. I don't know of anybody yet who's done HG's all by themselves.

So, with that being said.......what's wrong with your car and why are you trying to remove your P/S pulley?

So, with that being said.......what's wrong with your car and why are you trying to remove your P/S pulley?
I'm trying to do my plugs, and I was gonna do mounts to. I just wish the engine compartment wasn't so cramped, there is so much garbage under the hood.

I'll say this agian, I can help you. We live near each other, and heck, I know how take off that bracket. I can show you, or help or do it for you. Call or email me if you are interested in my offer.

Killer SC said:
I feel like I don't deserve it.

I'm NOT trying to be mean, cruel or sound like an a..hole, but that's the dumbest thing i've ever seen on ANY board.

We're all registered members of the SCCoA/SCCoO and all (well, most ;) ) share one thing in common....our passion for SC's. Some view it as a love/hate relationship and others view it as....whatever. We're all here to help each other out...if not with hands-on, then perhaps knowledge/advice, maybe loaning tools/parts or even just plain old support. I'd think a statement like that should be reserved for people that don't 'pull their weight' or have ripped someone off. I have yet to meet anyone like that in the club.

With that being said I think Ryan is probably the perfect guy to get in touch with, especially with the tricks up his sleeve he has. If you were to co-ordinate properly and post on the board when you want to tackle this you might even get a few guys say they want ot come out and help if their schedule permits (ahem).

Sooooo, what are YOU doing this (or next) weekend???

Back