WRX and Type R vs. 95 sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwannasc

I was just wondering. There is a kid at my school with a 2002 WRX manual and another kid with a 1999 Integra Type R. Each of them thinks they could beat a 95 SC manual which is the car I am thinking about buying. any thoughts

i say tell them to wait to get your car. When you get it, immediatley get a cat-back exhaust , k&n, and a 5% SC pulley and go lay the smack down on the integra ( i have a friend with a yellow one, not impressive at all). As for the WRX your screwed for now. unless he cant drive.....or you pull his spark plug wires out without him noticing.

Yeah I knew that if I did some little tweaking and stuff I could beat the Integra but I wasnt sure bout the wrx. however me and my father are planning on doin some stuff to the sc and hopefully getting it to run abot 260-280 hp with some mad torque what about then u think the wrx could handle this.

227HP , 3100lbs, AWD

youll need mid-low 14 sec 1/4 times to get him. So theres some work to be done to your sc. a 94-95 5 speed SC is a low 15sec car. So your gunna need a solid second off of your 1/4 .

let us know what happens whenever it does.

AWD

all wheel drive dont do crap. that is the biggest myth in the race world today. As long as u dont smoke the tires and just go it wont matter the sc will come out on top.

Sorry guy, the wrx will still outlaunch the sc beacuse of its AWD setup.

Oh yeah, you talk about modding the sc a bit to hang with the WRX? Ummm.... I hope he didnt do ANYTHING to his WRX, because if so, bye bye.

I have a brother that owns a 2002 model, with exhaust, boost controller, intake system, piggy back fuel management system, and with no tuning, he ran a 13.20. He plans on getting it tuned, as soon as he can find a dyno that will accomodate.

These cars are fast, and bulletproof, for now it seems. My bros car is launched at 6000 rpm off the line and pulls perfect 60' times and very consistantly.

And by driving this WRX, you can feel it has potential to go much faster.

As for integra type r's...... well they will beat you around a autocross track on turns, with sillular drivers, but in a straight line, they will be neck and neck.

u sick

awd doesnt do anything for the wrx for the second time it only gives it better traction in the mud and dirt and all that crape. And since the SC dont do mud verywell I guess I wont be racing in it will I. as for my racing I dont go by a fricking 1/4 mile. The street is as long a race as you want it. I know a WRX would woop my tail.....ON the 1/4 mile but longer than that and the SC will catch up with no problem. That is all that matters for now untill I am able to get a really good 1/4 mile time. Keep a look out because pretty soon you will see my SC runnin and mid 12. beleive that

I drove a new WRX a couple days ago. The all wheel drive does help on the pavement!!!!.Im thinking your definatly going to have to do some mods to hang. And if your going around corners hang it up. I took it around a corner at triple digits with no problems. You wanna a car that handles OMG the WRX rocks as far as Im concerned. Would love to have one. The STi is like 320 hp stock if you upgrade the turbo youll be getting 400hp easy.

Shut up I am telling yo u go out with a friend with a wrx or something and go to a stoplight or something the SC will toast him. maybe not off the line but u will catch up with him and pass him.

And you dont know what your talkin about!!!! have you driven an SC and a WRX? I never made any comments about you and I dont appreciate the rude comments.

Last edited:
I really don't know if you could beat a 2002 WRX or not. It all depends on how hard the kid wants to drive it.

Get the mods listed previously and you can probably hang.

If possible, race from a roll.

And by the way, the AWD only helps if you got the sack enough to dump the clutch at 5500rpms.

Chances are 7/8th of the people you race in one, won't launch that well because when you spend 30k on a car, you don't want to break it.

Either way, smoke the Type R and race the WRX, and tell us the results.

Really, the ignorant comments and the overwhelming inexperience is unnecessary. Really, lets think about it. Yes ,YEs 94-95 5speed SC's ran low 15's, years ago, you get one with 80k or more in stock shape under the hood and you will have carbon locked yourself a second in the 1/4.

These wrx's come off the show room floor fresh in stock form running low low 14's with much room for improvement. From bottle-necked induction, to emissions friendly exhaust, these cars have potential waiting to be released.

The all wheel drive platform means that even more at a stoplight the wrx will have the upper hand. Subaru's AWD setup promises PERFECT launches, even on the street with street tires. Try a hard launch on street tires on the local blacktop nearby, smoke and slip, and thats it.

As for top speed? Well......why even bother. Wrx's cross the 1/4 stock at about 100 mph. Any faster on the street is pure ignorance.

Come on guys, lets say this. The integra would be a fun race, close but fun, the better driver would win, and that poses a nice challenge. The wrx is in a different league compared to the normal slightly modded SC's that you will find here and there. MY recommendation would be to keep it off the street if you can, keep it safe and have fun. Race for race sake, it is fun win or loose.

Argueing about "which is fasta" is redictulous anyway.

And the "you tell me why you think a wrx would win" quoted from above? -Many times answered.

Re: ur gay

iwannasc said:
Shut up I am telling yo u go out with a friend with a wrx or something and go to a stoplight or something the SC will toast him. maybe not off the line but u will catch up with him and pass him.

what are you 16? 17?

why are you guys arguing with a kid, they know every damn thing.

seriously you need to read a little more, and do a little less mouthing off you obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Jeff

Get mad if you want but the fact is that at your age there is know way you have the life experience to know everything about cars.

Why DON't you buy an rice burner. You seem like the person that would drive one. I know I don't want you in this club!!!Learn alittle more before you talk!!
I raced a wrx last year, and beacuse of his awd. He kicked my ***.The launch is everything in a race!

Whoa ho Mr. Telephone, that's pretty strong language. You guys need to chill and stop showing your age, name calling isn’t going to help the situation. Why get all riled up over someone that obviously doesn’t have a clue.

Lets assume for a second that you have 2 cars with identical specs, the difference being 1 is AWD the other is RWD (or FWD for that matter). All things are equal, weight, weight distribution, HP, TQ, tire size all of it, it’s all the same.

Now tell me which one will come out on top? You guessed it the AWD car. Why? Because it has more traction.

Years ago just after I got out of high school one of my friends had a Eagle Talon it was AWD and turbo. It was a new car at the time and he had it for about 6 months or so. We went to Houston Raceway Park for the Friday Night Grudge Match, which was just run what you brung. After going through tech we spotted a guy in a Mitsu Eclipse. It was the same year as my friend’s car but was a FWD turbo car. He raced the guy about 6 times that night and EVERY time beat the guy by almost .2 second. When you looked at the time slips they were almost the same except for the 60’ time which was the difference. RT means nothing, so that wasn’t even part of the equation. At the end of the night the other guy said “I should have bought the GSX”.

Jeff

I apologize for my language and all dat. But I am getting my info from My dad who knows more about cars than anyone on here. He has had many cars from a Mustang Fastback to a Fiat X1/9 to a Thunderbird SC (93). So he knows what he is talking about. He told me that if I throw some slicks on the back of the SC i will be able to blow it away. I am getting an SC and when I do I will race it after we hook my SC up and then I will tell you what it is.

O yea

He also test drove a 02 WRX and the salesperson said he could go all out and he did. He said from that experience He knew it would not beat an SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back