PDA

View Full Version : idle problem not IAC

trife86
02-25-2004, 09:53 PM
hey guys i just replaced my IAC so thats not my problem but anyway when i start her up it will idle around 1500rpm for a min or so than when i get driving it will idle around 600rpm and bounce around for a few seconds before it dies

i was thinking maybe the fuel injectors are gettin stuck, would it be worth it to try one of those fuel injector cleaners that you dump in your gas tank

sho taurus
02-26-2004, 12:08 AM
i had this problem before and it was 2 of my intake bolts backed out alil on the passenger side.and car ran fine when cold but when warm idle 400-800 bouncing all over then shut off.i found this by taking a can of carb cleaner and putting the fine sprayer straw piece on there and just checking vacuum lines and sprayed around intake gasket,then around the intake bolts and when i found the leak the carb cleaner made the car idle up.easy way & cheapiest to check for vacuum leak.anyways i replaced intake gasket cuz i didn't know if the air blowing by might have messed up the gasket.there's something to look for.cheap can of carb cleaner $1

trife86
02-27-2004, 02:05 PM
well i finnaly figured it out it was my mass air meter, i never knew that can cause such a problem