Ok,confirm my fears..is this what I think?

z90sc

Car is not running hot but is running warmer than usual [btw, o-r],heater is blowing cold air and coolant is backing up in the overflow plus I've got bubbles in the overflow.No power loss,no white smoke from the exhaust......h/g's?
z

could be low coolant, which can explain why your heat isnt blowing hot air and the bubbles can be just air trapped in the coolant, rev the engine does the bubbles increase? If not then its not blow by, or it could be your heater core... If you cant diagonis the problem , go to your mechanic.

rut ro shaggy actually i had a air pocket one time too.and no hot air and car ran about 3/4 hot.but it worked it's way out then i had to put more in few days.didn't u do ur hg recently?

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys.....

"bong"
overflow was always showing low coolant,so I added some over the weekend,maybe the car is trying to "burp" the air out..the temp guage will spike to "o-r" then fall just below "n".....usually the car runs extra cool due to chip....hope you're right.

"sho"
as far as I know I still have original hg's....I've owned the car over 5yrs. and I've never had problems like this....she's at 110k now.
z

hmmm hopefully it's just u were low and u got air in there.took about a day for my air to work it's way out.i had some work done to it.and we did that screw at the top of engine when we filled the coolant back up.but still got air in it.oh ya it was thermastat.but i was freaking at first cuz it always ran around the n on gauge and after changing it it went to 3/4 the way up.but it's normal again.if this isn't the problem, and u need someone to do the hg's my buddy works at freedom ford and he can do on the side. and he doesn't kill u in price.he works on my sho and sc.good guy..

Could have a leak somewhere. I hot engine cooling down should pull coolant from the overflow as the coolant cools and shrinks. If you have a leak the engine will suck air not coolant from the overflow tank. On the next hot then cold cycle you will get trapped air into the heater core. This process can continue unitl the overflow tank is overflowing and you are low on coolant and the engine overheats.

Or you can have bad headgaskets and combustion gas is pushing the coolant out the overflow. Any good garage whould be able to do a sniffer test for HCs at the radiator to test for headgasket failure.

Make sure your entire coolant system is leak free, the thermostat is good, and the radiator cap holds pressure. If everything checks out take it to someone you trust to get it diagnosed.

Jerry

Back