Dreams of a 2005 SC

Grims95SC

I'm new here so I hope I'm not repeating another topic...
I don't know about the rest of ya but I love the new T-Bird. Not overboard retro and not ultra modern like many import models are going. But this owuld be the perfect time for Ford to bring back the SuperCoupe before they kill this T-Bird off as well. The new one is fast, but could be much faster! Slap on a blower onto the 32 valve V-8! Drop 'er an inch, add low profile Z rated rubber on 18'' rims. A tasteful and FUNCTIONAL body kit to accent a differentiated interior. Ahhh, wouldn't that be one sweet ride? A factory made SC convertable! :D

Nah. If ford wanted to bring back th SC name I'd much rather the platform be closer to our cars than the new thunderbirds. Take our body style, but with a shortened wheel base to lighten it up, stick that new ford v-10 in it, give it a super beefy suspension, add one peice hid headlights and voila, you got a car worthy of the SC name. Oh yah, only give it two color options death red, and stealth black. :D

It's an interesting car, but I'm not too crazy about it. They tried to rewrite the last 35 years of the cars history and it didn't work. The Tbird was only a 2 seater sports car (kinda) for about 3 years or so, then for the next 35 years it was a large, still nice (with some exceptions) family oriented car. That's what most people think of.
I think they screwed up trying to go back that far. Make a NEW design 5 seater performance car, or even tie it to maybe the 60's Tbirds and I think it would be more successful. Our cars and the model right before, are the ones that were successful and resurrected the line. They just kept it too long and then dropped it.

What I'd like:
Base it on the Lincoln LS in more than just platform. Make it the Ford version of the Lincoln--just a few less options and an altered but sporty skin. Nice engine, great size, keep it around $25k and that makes a winner in my book. Much better than that Taurus replacement that looks like crap. Offer a Supercoupe option to compete with the GTO. :cool:

Back