car won't start

godavid

SCCoA Member
Okay, I give up. I need some ideas. I changed the spark plugs and wires along with the motor mounts. I put it back together and she won't start. I've checked the spark plug wires and they seem okay. The car was running fine before I did this work. The reason I changed the plugs and wires because I thought it was a good idea while I had it tore down. I changed the motor mounts because the car had over a hundred thousand on it. I did find one motor mount cracked. Any ideas would go a long ways. thanks

wires

Make sure the wires are in the coil pack in the right order. Ford usually has them in numeric order and then skips one. It can throw you off if you don't check it carefully. When I replaced my wires, I had the 5 & 6 wires mixed up as the numbering on the coil pack was worn and hard to read. Hope this helps.

David

when you turn the key do you hear fuel pump could it be inertia switch in trunk ? and like posted above wires on the coil are not in order, does the shift arrow stay on when cranking that mostly means bad crank sensor

Last edited:
Back