145mph Cluster Problem, Help

SC UL8R1990

I plugged in the 145mph instrument cluster i got and the ANTI-LOCK (yellow) light is on. My keys arent even in the ignition! Doesnt make any sense to me, i took it out and looked at it, everything looks good. I didnt even try to start the car, wasnt sure if something was wrong. When i turn on the headlights it shuts off?!?!!?! When i turn the headlights off, the antilock light comes on??!!? And the gauge lighting doesnt work at all, i played with my dimmer switch ( brand new) and theres no lighting at all.
This was after i put all my bulbs from my 1990 cluster into this cluster.

Last edited:
I know the 145 MPH speedo is a direct swap into the 90 gauge cluster, but I don't know if you can swap the entire cluster from the 94-95 into your 90. You would need to check the wiring diagram. Even if the connectors are the same, the wiring of the cluster could be different.

I would just put the speeo in your existing cluster.

tach will fit, but.....

Yea, the tach will fit into the 90 cluster, but if you look at both clusters, the moulding for the lights is different, so if you DO use the 94-95 tach it will fir in there, but during the night when you have lights and such on, the upshift light will glow from the illumination from the other guages, since the light tunnels? are different

i dunno if it makes any sense, but i hope it helps

andrew

your exactly right.....the tach works and looks great but when my lights are on the upshift light illuminates a bit....ill figure something out.

?

i dunno, i would guesttemate that you picked up a solid 10 hp?

but seriously, after the speedo install, the car feels slower to me. i know its not, but im so used to the speedo needle diving to the 120 mark, and now on the new speedo 80 mph is straight up......
my car is playing psychological games with me...

Andrew

theres not a specific light bulb illuminating it. since its designed for a 94-95 the upshift square is picking up illumination from the tach lights some how.

ill figure something out

Back