Code Questions

Melon

SCCoA Member
Here's a little back history before I start since I'm sure it will be asked. The car is basically a 90 Super Coupe - mods are S-model blower, 5%OD, and a ZR Intake.

So I finally got a chance to mess with my 'Bird and haven't been able to start it for a good 4-5 weeks. I checked codes on it today and came up with 3 - but not sure what any mean.

21 - Cooling Temp Sensor out of range

24 - Intake Air Charge Temp (ACT, IAT) Sensor or Valve Air Temp (VAT) out of range

85 - Canister Purge Solenoid

The first 2 I'm overly concerned about, but the Canister Purge Solenoid? Any thoughts and/or help is appreciated.

-Andy "Melon"

Andy,
Send me an email . I think that the purge canister may be related to the vacuum set up. Since I've got a little history on your project ;) it just occured to me that the vacuum may not be set up 100%. I've replaced the purge solenoid before too, so I can help you out there too. Let me hunt down some of my diagrams and I'll get back with you. This weekend and next are pretty shot for me, but that's not to say that I can't help out a little bit. I'll have to find my vacuum diagrams though first. Then I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to help out. I'll also get with Tom to see what he remembers about the vacuum lines. Talk to you later.

Back