PDA

View Full Version : Chevys LT & LS1's: Lets Play

1QuikV6
02-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Theyre ok but im not impressed. Ive whipped more than one LT1 or LS1 with either Mustang I have. But i agree, dont go after em in anything stock from Ford. More than likely itll get owned....Oh wait, theres an exception. 93-95 or 99-up Lightning. Camaros just can get over being whipped by a Ford TRUCK. :D

Wait til the 05 Mustang comes out.... theres gonna be quite a few LS1 owners crying all the way back to the dealership. Especially when ford unleashes the new Mustang Cobra or better yet.....the new Shelby Cobra. He he, gotta give Chevy credit....theyve held on quite a while owning Fords lately, but its changing quick.

I think most of us read about that Boss 351 project Ford had. Theres nothing saying a new 10-holer cant make it into a stang in the future. Sooner or later GMs 350s are gonna go down in flames. But as of right now there isnt a stock 4.6 that can outrun a stock LS1 apples for apples. I think its way over due that either a larger V8 be dropped in (5.4) or quit BSing and drop that 5.8L V10 in there and lets go hunting for some F-bodies!:D Ill be first in line for one!

SC UL8R1990
02-27-2004, 03:15 PM
yea but i dont think youd want to play with my dads lt5:D

1QuikV6
02-27-2004, 04:22 PM
Im talkin 350. if you wanna play LT5 then theres a 460 in the garage.:D Apples to Apples, not Apples to Oranges. And i never bring a knife to a gunfight.:p

XxSlowpokexX
02-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Ford didnt need more power to put Chevy in the grave..GM quality is what killed the F body.....They have nothing to run to the dealer for haha

SC UL8R1990
02-27-2004, 04:54 PM
hey if you wanna play 460 ill play with a chevelle with a 468 :D

XR7 Dave
02-27-2004, 04:54 PM
Im talkin 350. if you wanna play LT5 So how many cubes is an LT5? :o

SC UL8R1990
02-27-2004, 04:55 PM
lt5 is a 350, but a monster 350

$35,000 engine only came in the corvette ZR1, my dad has one with 3,000 original miles on it

SC UL8R1990
02-27-2004, 04:59 PM
LT5....not my dads, his looks like its off the assembly line. my picture host has been down for a couple days.

http://washingtondcmetroweb.com/Images/Automobiles/lt5engine_bg.jpg

silversc90
02-27-2004, 06:51 PM
what about an 03 cobra? it owns the lighting, late model z28s ws6 transams. the last 03 i seen running at the track was running 12.10s, and i am positive it was stock.

XR7 Dave
02-27-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by XR7 Dave
So how many cubes is an LT5? :o

lt5 is a 350 This I know. It's not a monster 350. It's a 350 with 4v heads. Big deal, that is no different than a Cobra motor. A good 347 should have no trouble with that.

1BADSC
02-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Except that a whole lot more went into making the LT5 then just simply slapping heads on it. That motor was way ahead of its time. Much more advanced than the little 320 horse cobra motor.

SC UL8R1990
02-27-2004, 08:09 PM
LT5 another 350??? what!? haha ...yea just another 350 designed by lotus and mercury marine for there experience with aluminum engine building. A transmission developed in germany. The ZR1 is a race car, not just another corvette.

the LT5 has more engineering in it than any ford engine i know of and im a ford guy:rolleyes: :rolleyes: give me a break here. Were talking about one of the fastest corvettes ever produced.......vs. a putred little mustang? bwahahaah the ZR1 would eat a cobra stang for a snack and s**t it out in absolutley every aspect. the ZR1 was developed to run with super cars. The mustang is not and never will be in the class of a high end corvette. period.

sorry

oh wait ....the mustang has back seats:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

silversc90
02-27-2004, 08:42 PM
what is so special about this small block chevy? give us some power numbers. where is this motor now?, how many were made? impress me.

SC UL8R1990
02-27-2004, 09:00 PM
http://www.zr1.net/ZR1_specs.html

http://www.zr1.net

im not gunna here and argue about this engine. you can talk to some guys on that site. They know more than i do.

XR7Kurt
02-27-2004, 09:36 PM
I checked out the zr1 site and it looks to me like GM overrated the horsepower a little compared to the owners dynos. 4 out of five listed as stock were under 330 ftlbs torque with the other one at 339 ftlbs. Stock against stock I wouldn't bet against a new Cobra. I'd also guess a Z06 would take one.

Kurt

1BADSC
02-27-2004, 10:17 PM
The early years with the least HP ran 0-60 in 4.2 and through the 1/4 in 12.8, with a top speed of 176 mph, bone stock. The later years had more HP.

The newer ones were 405HP at 7000RPM's. And have been proven to have more reliability high performance then any other engine produced in this country to date.

There is an oil cooling system that is larger than most cars entire cooling system._ The car has a special version of the German built ZF 6 speed transmission, another radical move on GM._ The car has a self adjusting suspension, known as the "FX3", and even more._ Although there were just a couple of minor variances, in a nutshell, all ZR1s came fully loaded, all the same way with the best of everything... Just pick the color....

SC UL8R1990
02-27-2004, 10:31 PM
yea thatll sum it up pretty good 1BADSC.

you guys can magazine race all day long with the cobra mustangs and whatever else you wanna pull out of ur azz. but all my dad has to do is pull his out of the garage.;)

BIRDPLUCKER
02-27-2004, 10:43 PM
405 HP 350 pfffft Tell your dad to bring it, my 70 Mach 1 will show it the triple bars in a hurry. Not just talking, shes done it before.

XR7Kurt
02-27-2004, 10:49 PM
It seems to me that a lot of Mustang vs. Camaro debates end up with us finding out how much better the Corvette is than a Mustang. Why is that?:rolleyes:

but all my dad has to do
How much better is that than magazine racing?

Darkside
02-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Like I've posted before, I have PERSONALLY seen a 93 5.0 Mustang with a stock engine that was tubocharged kill a brand spankin new Z06 with a Procharger more than once. Three times in a row one day:D Nobody fears the Vettes at the track. The car to beat is the COBRA. Easily modded into the 10's. As for the road racing............enter the GT, sure it's more expensive but we are comparing Mustangs, SC's, and pick-up trucks to 70,000 dollar Vettes so what the hell.:D

1BADSC, you give me ulcers. :mad:

XR7 Dave
02-28-2004, 12:06 AM
I'll say it again.

Originally posted by XR7 Dave
This I know. It's not a monster 350. It's a 350 with 4v heads. Big deal, that is no different than a Cobra motor. A good 347 should have no trouble with that.
Need I mention that the Z06 makes 405hp with PUSHRODS???? ZR1 Pbfft!!

1BADSC
02-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Darkside, the vette is not a drag car, it is a sports car for the road course and provides peformance on par with Ferrari's and Vipers for 50 to 100 thousand dollars less. No mustang has ever done that.

I can see your next post now. Mustangs are the greatest car ever. I saw a stock mustang (with a big turbo) destroy a new GT 40 at the race track, those cars are junk pfft.

Randy N Connie
02-28-2004, 09:02 AM
I had a old beat up Ford. Never seen a Sissy vet driver able
to keep up on the twisties or in a drag race. The lic-plates
had VET-EATER for a reason.

I like to spend Big mouth sissy vet owners money after they hand it over.

RANDY

XR7 Dave
02-28-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 1BADSC
Darkside, the vette is not a drag car, Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Randy N Connie
02-28-2004, 09:41 AM
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 1BADSC
Darkside, the vette is not a drag car,
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go again.

That is what I have seen on here in IL.They are not fast,except in the Cheby brochures.
1BAD SC is finally right.

RANDY

I think we may need PRO-STREET-RICK'S fire truck.

SC UL8R1990
02-28-2004, 09:56 AM
405 HP 350 pfffft Tell your dad to bring it, my 70 Mach 1 will show it the triple bars in a hurry. Not just talking, shes done it before.

Not only has my dad had ALOT faster cars thatn a 70 mach 1 mustang:rolleyes: but i would bet the ZR1 would school a mach 1 on a 1/4 or autocross track. Not to mention my dad has many years of racing experience.

It seems to me that a lot of Mustang vs. Camaro debates end up with us finding out how much better the Corvette is than a Mustang. Why is that?

The late model mustangs are clearly better cars then the camaros. Not necessarily faster in all cases , but i would say they are better built. If someone threw a stang in front of me a an ls1 maro.....id hop in the mustang without thinking.

Need I mention that the Z06 makes 405hp with PUSHRODS???? ZR1 Pbfft!!
hmmmm pushrods are great but the ZR1 revs to 7000rpms? The Zo6 doesnt make power past 5900 rpms! And sorry but the Z06 is a few ticks in the 1/4 shy from the latest model ZR1's. ZR1's also had a wider wheel base and unique FX3? suspension that rendered them a better handling car. The Zo6 was just another C5 with a glorified ls1 called an LS6......how embarrassing to call a glorified LS1 an LS6......anyone know the history of the real LS6 motor? 1970 454 Chevelle Ls6 ring a bell? It should, the hemi cude and the ls6 chevelle were the baddest muscle cars ever. Here we are in 2000 and GM throws in a ~~~ engine and slaps the name on it....give me a break.

Darkside, the vette is not a drag car, it is a sports car for the road course and provides peformance on par with Ferrari's and Vipers for 50 to 100 thousand dollars less. No mustang has ever done that.

what ive just been trying to say all along and somehow sparked a big hoop-blah?

rivlee
02-28-2004, 12:25 PM
In 1970 Chebby was putting all aluminium 427's in stripped down Kamaros. That was what the BOSS 429 was built to compete with.

Was that ZR1 or ZL1? Or what? :confused: (Alzheimer's) :rolleyes:

Lee

SC UL8R1990
02-28-2004, 12:34 PM
aluminum block 427 was the ZL1, badazz mo fo:D :cool:

Darkside
02-28-2004, 12:41 PM
I don't remember CHEVY ever putting an all aluminum 427 in a Camaro:confused: I thought they put them in the Vettes. Maybe an aftermarket tuner like Yenko or somebody was doing it I don't know. Ford's 427 side oiler was better anyway:D I think in 1970 it would have been the 429 Cobra Jet and the 429 Super Cobra Jet. These were better engines than the Boss 429.

SC UL8R1990
02-28-2004, 02:13 PM
69 total yenko camaros came with a ZL1 aluminum block 427. They were only sold to people with a racing history with chevy. They were absolute base model camaros with the huge 427 and a 4 on the floor. They just looked like a plain jane maro. Pretty slick.

1BADSC
02-28-2004, 04:14 PM
There were also the 427 Copo camaros. I would like to see a stock Panther run with a ZR1 on a road track.

SC UL8R1990
02-28-2004, 04:59 PM
I would like to see a stock Panther run with a ZR1 on a road track.

panther:confused:

rookie94sc
02-28-2004, 05:53 PM
I just think the funny part is that my friend sold his 03 Z06 to buy an 03 cobra. few bolt ons and he dyno'd 460rwhp.

1BADSC
02-28-2004, 05:57 PM
I meant to type Pantera. Don't get me wrong the SCed Cobras are by far the best bang for the buck go fast car around. But as far as handling or technology they will never compare to the ZR1.

The Pantera might have stuck around longer if Ford let someone other than Lincoln dealers try to sell them. But that was their infinte wisdom on that one. :)

1QuikV6
02-28-2004, 06:07 PM
One day GM will retire Fred Flintstone as engine builder and realize that pushrods are getting PUSHED asice? if its SO TECHNOLOGICALLY advanced then WHY is it using pushrods at ALL?

I bet youre glad Ford didnt decide to produce that Boss 351 project they have, arent ya? 5.8L V10....why dont you tickle yourself with the specs on that. Your dad would crap his pants when a silver GT badged with BOSS 351 emblems blows his fiberglass car off the road. by the way....fiberglass is for BOATS, not cars.....

SC UL8R1990
02-28-2004, 06:12 PM
ill agree with the above.....but the zr1 is not a push rod engine. the zo6 and ls1 and lt1's are pushrod.

the ford engines are more technologically advanced than those hands down. Ford made the switch when they realized how reliable and cost effecient it was to produce. Let alone better revs and lighter valvetrain weight. And yes the 03 cobra is sweet as hell for the money...id take that 03 cobra over any c5 vette or z06 vette any day. The ZR1 is a completely different vette though and id have to take it over the 03 cobra.

so all arguments set aside....ford is leading the american car industry right now and it looks like they will be for quite some time. just my opinion though.

silversc90
02-28-2004, 06:18 PM
what was all this about originally? sure am glad my dad aint got no vette.

1QuikV6
02-28-2004, 06:21 PM
I liked vettes too, theyre very nice and FAST cars....people just dont know what theyre doing behind the wheel of them sometimes....Sure, theyre a great car, til you have to pull a body out of one.... The tree may win over the car anytime, but with a fiberglass Vette the odds are slim for anyone in one. Aside from performance...the vette is a death trap.......and yet the Mustang gets pretty good reviews on safety and crashworthiness... If i had a son or daughter theyd be in a stang long before theyd be in a rolling fiberglass coffin. and that goes for anyone i know or care about.

SC UL8R1990
02-28-2004, 06:54 PM
what was all this about originally? sure am glad my dad aint got no vette.

yea and whats ur dad got? :rolleyes: my dad has had many of cars. much more bad *** then his current

1BADSC
02-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Actually with the glass body parts flying off the car and breaking apart the energy from the crash is deflected away from the driver. And while Ford might have some nice performance engines they are still losing sales hand over foot. And there is nothing wrong with the pushrod motor. Can't be too bad with 346ci 406hp and 27-32 MPG, cheap to work on and just as easy. hmmm, not too bad if you ask me.

silversc90
02-28-2004, 08:14 PM
my dad's got a kid that dosen't try to brag on what my dad's got. but if you really need to know, my dads not into this crap.

1QuikV6
02-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Well answer me this....would you rather hit a tree in a Corvette or an SC? Kind of a no-brainer right? Duh.

So you think fiberglass gives any safety at all or absorbs impacts? You need to see what fiberglass does when it gets struck....It doesnt offer anything other than sharp shards of fiberglass itself... Take a hammer and hit a sheet of f'glass, let me know what happens OK?

1BADSC
02-28-2004, 10:34 PM
I have owned many plastic and fiberglass cars. It is brittle, but that does not mean it is worse in a crash. My 79 vette weighed in at 4300lbs. It was no lightweight. Carbon fiber breaks easily as well do you think it isn't strong? Titainium bends with ease and stretches but is it weak. Ever see an Indy car wreck at 200MPH. The whole car explodes into tiny parts absorbing the impact. Glass cars have plenty os support for crashes. And I would rather be in a car with crumple zones than in an SC for a tree impact.

Why do you think so many people died in car wrecks when all the cars were steel with steel bumpers. The shape of the car after the impact is not what matters, if the car looks like nothing happend to it then the driver took the whole impact. New cars with crumple zones disperse the energy through the whole and take less force off of the occupants. The more distortion you have in the car the less you have in the occupant.

Trick
02-28-2004, 11:22 PM
Anyone ever heard of the Tigershark vette? I think 750 H.P. will do just fine.

I don't see why you got to go beating on LT1's/LS1's. They are no longer making those so of course Ford will start killing them off more and more. But as for modded engines well. Who ever has the most stuff on there engine setup right will win. Ford or chevy.

1BADSC
02-28-2004, 11:30 PM
Some people just refuse to give credit where credit is due. The LT5 ZR1 was top dog of the performance cars forgien and domestic while it was around. It destroyed Vipers and ferarris. Now Ford has the top dog of performance cars with the new GT (40). It destroyed the Porsche and Ferarri it was tested against, it even beat the 400,000 dollar Saleen S7. Matter of fact the only thing that can beat it is the 600,000 dollar Ferarri Enzo. But dodge has a new Quad Turbo exotic that will kill the Enzo.

Each car maker has had some incredible cars with amazing power. GM was top dog with the F-Body cars for most of the time, until the recent supercharged Cobra. And the Vette still offers much more performance overall. Can outrun a Viper on a road course and costs 1/2 as much and has 100 less HP. Until next year when the Stock Vette will be running 420HP NA. ANd the Z06 will be running close to 600 NA.

MercsSC
02-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Why do you think so many people died in car wrecks when all the cars were steel with steel bumpers.

they didn't where seat belts ...they didn't have colaspable streering columes ...they had chitty brakes ...then there were just bad cars and trucks ...corvair couldn't keep the front tires on the ground...pinto would blow up if hit in the rear ...GM trucks would also burn on side impact..due to gas tank being on the outside of the frame rail....heck early 90's CrownVic have the same problem as pinto's ... the gas tank would burst ...once it hit the rear diff...and shock mounts.. in a rear end collision...lot of cops have died from this over sight .... .early seat belts... had no play in them in the sholder belt..and would cut an artery on the heart ...on a sudden impact.the belt would stop the body ...but not the internals..over 40 million have been killed in cars ...in the USA alone since records have been kept..and that figure is a few years old now ..
..there are so many things that have changed ..from then till now..the roads are for the most part wider..and poles move back..
cars have better handling..and radial tires..I know alot of you are to young to remember the joy of biasply tires .. that's what the world had to offer ...and in the rain Biasplys.. where like driving on slicks ..they would hydroplane ..and you had no control...allways locking up the brakes and you learned to leave yourself a few car lenghts of room to be safe....snow and ice they became truck lenghts.....
people just dont know what theyre doing behind the wheel of them sometimes
same can be said for a mustang...and on a larger scale...since they will sell more .....and no camaro or trans am ..doesn't leave much for domastic RWD ....dave

1QuikV6
02-29-2004, 04:45 PM
people just dont know what theyre doing behind the wheel of them sometimes

I mean that with any car, not just the vette.

Also, cars then didnt have air bags... 2nd GEN SCs do

saxxxu
10-05-2005, 12:32 AM
Ford didnt need more power to put Chevy in the grave..GM quality is what killed the F body.....They have nothing to run to the dealer for haha

true, in my and others opinion gm engines normally will outlast a similiar motor from ford, i do notice far more old beated up chevy trucks than f-150's with over 300,000 miles on them and without mayor repairs, sadly ford quality isnt the best in fact is among the lowest :( and you can tell by just looking the interiors... altho they did a great job on my sc's black leather :D

al35thsc
10-05-2005, 12:38 AM
Nice bump, newb. hehe

1FASTSC
10-05-2005, 07:27 AM
I meant to type Pantera. Don't get me wrong the SCed Cobras are by far the best bang for the buck go fast car around.

In a straight line maybe, there are *cough* cars that are cheaper, go to 60 faster, brake faster, turn better though =p

Stewie
10-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Interesting thread :) Just one thing, a 1st gen Lighting is a mid 15 second truck, the only LT1 it would have a chance against stock is a big old Cadillac Fleetwood or B-Body Station wagon and I would still give it to the caddy or whale most of the time :) nice trucks though, I like driving my friends ;)

Blown 91 Bird
10-16-2005, 02:41 PM
yea but i dont think youd want to play with my dads lt5:D

i dont think id have any problems draggin your dads LT5 Vette down the road :D :p

V8Supercoupe
10-16-2005, 03:25 PM
In a straight line maybe, there are *cough* cars that are cheaper, go to 60 faster, brake faster, turn better though =p

DO I have to bring bikes into this? Apples and oranges.

You know, I would love nothing more than to accompany you over to the SVTperformance forums and let those guys have at you. I'll even hold yer hand if your Skeerd! :D At least let those guys defend themselves.

Shall I start a thread over there in Smackdown?

:D

Jacob_Royer
10-16-2005, 03:25 PM
What about the 300 6??

265k and counting... Never done anything to it other than oil and tune-up..

true, in my and others opinion gm engines normally will outlast a similiar motor from ford, i do notice far more old beated up chevy trucks than f-150's with over 300,000 miles on them and without mayor repairs, sadly ford quality isnt the best in fact is among the lowest :( and you can tell by just looking the interiors... altho they did a great job on my sc's black leather :D

Scott Long
10-16-2005, 03:40 PM
my daily driver is my 90 SC auto and it has around 230k on it. Only had to change the head gaskets at 182k, the water pump at 140k, the fuel pump at 160k, and oil and plugs/wires. I love this car.

Granted its got a few bolt ons, its mostly stock and I still have fun beating most of the cars young adults my age have around here.

Stewie
10-16-2005, 03:44 PM
IMHO, FOrd had really great quality in the late 80s/early 90s, then it started going down hill. I think it had a lot to do with cutting corners, but who knows.

oldschoolmuscle
10-30-2005, 07:05 PM
so what do you guys think about the new z06 with the ls7 motor in it. I think you guys need to give the lsx based motor a little more credit. but i course i am a little biased.

Blown 91 Bird
10-30-2005, 07:26 PM
so what do you guys think about the new z06 with the ls7 motor in it. I think you guys need to give the lsx based motor a little more credit. but i course i am a little biased.

LS7 is an awesome motor. What better then a strong block filled with a billet crank and titanium rods from the factory.

oldschoolmuscle
10-30-2005, 07:39 PM
dont forget TI hollow valves also.

CMac89
10-30-2005, 07:41 PM
dont forget TI hollow valves also.
And a 10 bolt with aluminum frame.

oldschoolmuscle
10-30-2005, 07:49 PM
And a 10 bolt with aluminum frame.

you speak very far from the truth

CMac89
10-30-2005, 07:56 PM
FMS Forged 396
517RWHP on motor N2O tune
773RWHP through TH4l80e+9in
on a 250shot wet.
best 60' 1.362 on MT DR's

[email protected] pass

Do I???????

90XR7Cougar5spd
10-31-2005, 12:24 AM
Personally, i think that GM makes a damn good 350, hell i got one in my truck and its got OVER 300k and ive never had to do anything to it other than water pump, Alt, and the regular tune up stuff. Their Trannys on the other hand, are TRASH. I have been through 3 of them. One thing to remember is that the new Vette is NA. I think they the cobras are blown. Hell being blown makes all the difference in the whole world, i mean c'mon, look at our cars, then take a drive a NA 3.8 bird. Big difference. And yes, i agree, the qualitly that goes into new vehicles is JUNK. I know everysince GM came out with the new body style silverados, they started to be ~~~. I had an 02 GMC pickup and bought it wih 19000 miles, it was black and was deceked out, had everything in it cept leather. Beatiful truck? Yes. Peice of shyt? YES BIG time. In the 8 months i owned that truck i had put just over 20,000 miles on it, in that time frame, i went through my first tranny @ 25,000 miles, then at 30k, it started cutting out, took it to the dealer, they said it was fuel pump, put a new one in it, fixed it for about a DAY. Took it back and they couldny figure it out. After that, i went on my quest to blow the mo fo up, and i failed. :p Then i had a couple of other things that went wrong with it, like the driver and pass. door wouldnt open from the inside. It fried the factory CD player, i actually think that my gauge cluster quit working too. Then after my warranty ran out, the tranny started to go out again @ 38k. I drove it for a few more weeks then sold it. Sold the new one and went back to driving my old beat up GMC that i absolutly LOVE. This past year, ive put around 10k on it, and i havent had a problem one with it.

Derek

1FASTSC
10-31-2005, 08:31 AM
DO I have to bring bikes into this? Apples and oranges.

You know, I would love nothing more than to accompany you over to the SVTperformance forums and let those guys have at you. I'll even hold yer hand if your Skeerd! At least let those guys defend themselves.

Shall I start a thread over there in Smackdown?

Have at it, my name is 4tun8 there, I really only hang out in the Road Kill Drive-Through....The evo boards don't allow street racing stories, so I post there.

oldschoolmuscle
11-06-2005, 10:27 PM
dsmtalk gets all butt hurt when you talk about street racing. but killing in the name of buddah is fine.

Blown 91 Bird
11-06-2005, 10:31 PM
dsmtalk gets all butt hurt when you talk about street racing. but killing in the name of buddah is fine.

haha. I got banned from dsmtalk for punkin some kid out on a race he locked in with me. Them import boards are funny.

supraforums is the one to have fun on :D Them supra boys get all bent out of shape over the funniest ~~~~

CMac89
11-06-2005, 11:16 PM
All Supra guys are is a buncha rich bastards that don't know poop about poop.

oldschoolmuscle
11-07-2005, 05:13 PM
All evo guys are is a buncha rich bastards that don't know poop about poop. Especially when it comes to booost.

that sounds more like the truth.

XR7 Dave
11-08-2005, 07:31 PM
my work vehicle in stock form makes more trq than everyones car on the board combined.

What do you drive, a locomotive?

xThunderbirdSCx
11-08-2005, 07:44 PM
I was thinking mabye a jet like a 747....or possibly a tanker.

Blown 91 Bird
11-08-2005, 08:23 PM
must be a lot of torque... cause my cars alone combined is over 1000TQ :D

oldschoolmuscle
11-08-2005, 09:02 PM
What do you drive, a locomotive?

howd you guess.well i havent found a trq rating but i have found a hp rating of 6000hp in a sd 70 so could only imagine, the trq. since i have pulled over 10,000 tons before.