Steering Noise when Turning

93SuperCoupeBoy

Unlike all the threads I found about the steering and suspension noises when going over bumps and everything, the only problem I have noticed is when I turn left (left only, at least for now), it begins to make a sort of clank noise once i get about half way to lock turning the wheel left. Since I don't drive in circles, I couldn't tell if it is coming from the wheels more, or whether it is coming from just turning the wheels that direction. I just can't tell what it is, but I don't really know what to look for exactly either. It isn't power steering because that runs fine, fluid is fine and the wheel turns fine and everything. There isn't any vibration on the highways or anything, alignment is correct to my knowledge. Any info. would probably help! Sorry if this really was answered somewhere, but the only posts I found were about bumps and wierd suspension sounds.
Nick

I chased that noise for a year on my car.
You need a lube job, the tie rod ends grease fitting from the factory is straight, which means its hard to get a straight grease gun in there without removing the wheels, so it gets skipped.
I ended up putting angled grease fittings on mine so I can lube it easily and regularly, total cost .50 cent. not hearing that noise, Priceless. Good luck

Back