Progress

kenewagner

I am finally starting to assemble my FMIC. I am still waiting for several pipes & the top to come back from the plating shop. I added a stainless steel cover to the top of the radiator support this morning. I was happy how it turned out. I thought I would post a couple of pictures showing my progress. I still have some buffing to do on the IC itself

Attachments

• fmic1.jpg
    fmic1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 183
Looks nice! I'm looking into mounting my IC in that area but I'm going to have to modify the IC even more to do it. But I think I got it figure out.;)

There room for a fan if I chose. I modified the bumper and added directional vanes to direct air to the IC. Had to move the horn, temperature sensor, washer resevor. Had 3 diffrent brackets on the IC itself. It would be easier if I got it right the first time After all these changes I will have to spend a lot of time making the rest of the engine and engine compartment look good.

That is EXACTLY the set-up I had planned before the MP FMIC group purchase took place, I and decided I'd go that route instead.

Do you have any pictures of the rest of the plumbing?

That is a great set-up. Very nicely done!

Here is a picture of the tubing tacked together prior to tig welding. I used mandrel bent tubing pieced together, welded and hand filed. The tubes came out perfect. In the picture I had not extended the alum griffen radiator yet. I like the look of the tubes being side by side.

Attachments

• piping mockup.jpg
    piping mockup.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 172
Here is a picture of the top just before I sent it out to have it plated. I raised it 1.5 inches.

Attachments

• dsc00001.jpg
    dsc00001.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 167
SWEET! I have been trying to figure out the best way to mount mine in the engine bay of my mustang, I am doing the same thing, 2 SC IC's welded to gether with custom endtanks, Nice setup bro!

Thanks all. I will post the finished project when it is done. A lot of the ideas for this project I got from other SC owners on this club site.

EXCELLENT!

I have a lot of respect for people who can fabricate their own parts and actually make them work on the car.

Way to go!

12 years ago before the SC bug bit me I started a car project. It was a chevy monza. I had build a 400 small block and had tubed the rear end. I had narrowed a 12 bolt rear end. Had to sell it when I got a divorce. This Sc is the first car since than for me to tackle and this club site has given me tons of information to help me make good choices in modifacations. I continue to have fun changing and personalizing this car. And I appriciate all you guys out there and your help:D

Back