Wheel Question?

kenewagner

I have purchased a beautiful set of 18" wheels and have them shod with Nitto 555 extremes. What do all you guys with custom wheels do to dress up the caliper assembly? How about the backing plates. I suppose the only paint to hold up on calipers would be a powder coat. Would appriciate any input:rolleyes:

Put really big new brakes on that are freshly painted ?? ;) :p

There are a few companies that market specific "caliper paint" or "brake paint". But any good high-heat paint like engine enamel will work OK. Just make sure everything is very clean and free of any rust or scaliness before you try to paint it.

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

I would powder coat it will definatly hold up and it is easy to do your self i would also go for the cross drilled rotors to make it look real nice.

Hey Ken, what's going on? Are you going to have your car ready by the April Track Day? :D

I'd take a look at getting some 13" rotors upfront if the cash flow is avialble. Not only will they help to get those nice large rims slowed down, but they will fill up a lot of wheel space also. I got mine from DISC-BRAKES-R-US and have been very happy with them.

Thomas

Attachments

• cobra_brakes.jpg
    cobra_brakes.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 101
Thomas: Since I missed the meet in Lincoln I have been so busy that I havent even check the club site to see what advents are coming up. My car will be in running shape but I have a rear panel on the passenge side that I will be replacing. My goal was to have it painted in the next couple of months. I guess it wont run any slower on the track with primer though;)

Back