Head Rest Removal?

LXSC

I've messed with them fro long enough so now I've decided to ask. I got a pair of my SC in about 15 minutes with minimal fuss and I didn't even need to screw off the things on top of the thing that holds the head rests in the front seat. They have now become quite a problem on the other car. They are both 1990s so there should be no difference but these ones are definnetly puttin' up a fight. What is the proper way to remove head rests? Thanks to whomever can help

First of all.....good luck! I had to replace the plastic collars when someone ripped out the headrest when my driver's seat was in the garage while I was wiring the stereo.

To take out the head rest....hmm....if you look on the head rest posts, there are little notches. The bottom notch has a straight cut to it and metal clips inside the seats to stop them from coming right out.

Try unscrewing the collar, pull the fabric back from the inner plastic piece and you should see a metal clip. There is one on each post. Pull the clip out and the headrest should pull straight out.

Back