Pics of Lightning IC in 3.8 block

V6Sprout

As most of you know I am working on making a lightning blower fit the SC motor. I got my Lightning IC in last week and finally got some pics of it. IT FITS in the block, its just too damn tall, but I am working on that.

lightning_pics_003.jpg

lightning_pics_004.jpg

It even fits in my custom tub intake which is cool.

lightning_pics_005.jpg

It would have to sit about 1 inch aboue the bottom of the intake so I put a plate over the tub to estimate how high it would sit.

lightning_pics_006.jpg

then add the blower plate to the IC, and I put a SC blower on top for reference, then remember the lightning intake has the inlet part on top of the blower, so thats another 1-2 inches higher. For reference sake the stock blower sits about level with the top of hte heads whne its on the stock lower intake, so this setup raises the blower a good 4-5 inches.

lightning_pics_007.jpg

lightning_pics_008.jpg

I figure if I can cut the IC down by 2 inches that will help, then use the cobra style blower which has the inlet enter the rear of the blower like ours that will save another few inches, which woudl lower the entire unit a good 4 inches which may clear a cowl hood. The cobra IC's are the same only the coolant ports come out the front, this IC I have is for mock up purposes so its no biggy what I do to it, it apparently leaks anyways, thats why I got it so cheap. I owuld not hack up a perfectly good IC. Progress is slow but when I get more done I'll keep you all updated.

Just imagine a blower sticking out the hood of your car like the old muscle cars eh?:D

up there

Hey Sprout,

Is that a 10" rise on that cowl hood? Man that's going to be up there. I like what you are doing though. Keep up the good work.

David

Thanks David, I really need to check how much room under my hood I have, but humm, having that blower stick out the hood would be interesting. :D

Its definately gotta come down in height a bit though.

Back