Need opinions please...

LightY3arZ

Well, as of last night I have an AOD with only 5000 miles on a rebuild being shipped to me, I now need to buy transmission mounts. So I would like to know which is better, the ones from SCP, or MN12? I doubt that there are any extreme design differences, but since both MN12, and SCP are closed for the next few days and I cant order right now I thought I would get some opinions.

Has anyone here tried the mounts from both?

Also, with the gorgeous price I am getting on the tranny install, I will have about a 100 bucks to blow and still keep the project under my $500 max build estimate, and SCP offers tranny coolers, and deep oil pans for around 100. I am assuming that the cooler would be the best bet, since most tranny failures are heat related, but what do you guys think, which would be better for extending the life of the new tranny? Thoughts?

Last edited:
More T-Bird Parts Providers too...

Not to burst everyone's bubble, but there is another alternative to always shopping with MN12 Performance and SCP. Not saying they are bad businesses, (I'm NOT). But www.spinningwheels-sc.com is now up and online. I would know, I am sort of half of the reason it is there. Victor can provide motor mounts, trans. mounts, Double ICs, Blowers, used parts, more parts... Check it out, he's REALLY REALLY REALLY customer service oriented and will do practically anything to make sure you are happy with the parts you are getting.

So, check it out sometime, there'll be more parts listed and stuff as we try to expand it little by little. But, for now it shows the big stuff. Also check his eBay store on eBay, there is a link from the website. And, Spinningwheels has also become a PowerSeller on eBay, they have done a lot of business. Anyways, just throwing that out there.

Spinningwheels-SC - www.spinningwheels-sc.com

Nick

I got a solid trans mount from summit. it is a moroso trans mount for an 87-92. Believe me, sounded weird too, but it is solid metal and i love it, and it was cheaper. I did have to drill a set of holes in the crossmember for it, as it has two welded studs at the bottom not one, but it gets rid of that bracket and goes straight from the trans to the crossmember.

Back