Why can't I..............?

Darkside

Why shouldn't/can't I make the SC top and top IC tube on piece. My brother and I are going to make a raised SC top and instead of dealing with the collar nut or a silicone coupling I was just going to weld the two pieces together, grind it smooth, and polish the whole thing. Granted, if I need to take the top tube out for any reason I will have to remove the SC top as well; but that isn't a big deal, is it? I don't think so. Let me know if somebody has done this or if this is another one of my "du-oh" moments.:D I guess the only problem would be if the two parts are made of different metals, in which case I would have to fab an aluminum uppper IC tube, right? Damn, I wish I would think my threads through a little more before I posted them......................:mad: Seems I do alot of things prematurely!:D

Last edited:
Well if you welded the upper tube solid to the top you would have to make darn sure you had it exactly were you wanted it.
But it would also be alot of work to weld it up. Really the silicone coupling is the best route and its so simple to do.

Back