group recommendations for exhaust

trwnum2

Hey everyone,

I recently rebuilt my 90 sc after a headgasket blow and decided to go all out on the car being that there is no way I could ever sell this thing after becoming attached... anyway here is what i did to it

3.8 bored out to 4.0 (.030 over)
magnum powers complete intake set up - blower, plenum, t/b, sc top
38# injectors, 210l fuel pump, 76 mm c&l maf
hard wired 180 fan switch, 180 thermostat,

ported manifolds, flowmaster exhaust

anyway, my question has to do with downtubes

I currently have a setup that the local midas completely screwed up, i asked for a free flowing system at least the size of the 2.25" flowmaster setup in the bends, what i got was 2" pipe crimped to half size on the downtubes attached to some high flow cats

I mainly got this to pass the emissions for inspection

Now that I have my sticker what should i do for downtubes?

I was thinking of fabricating my own with mandrel bent tubes from jcwhitney and the flex lins they have for the small bends that the exhaust needs to take - has anyone attempted using flexcouples to standard bends for downtubes before?

heres a link to the parts Im thinking of brazing together:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs...=1020&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&storeId=10101

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs...=5192&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&storeId=10101

Im thinking 2.25 all the way through straight into the flowmaster with cutouts for the track

thanks for suggestions

i know the flow master dual in, single out sounds good, and is good for the early year tanks. what you do is, have the 50 series put in where about the resonator would be, and have the 3" (or bigger if you want) single run all the way back and split to duals after the gas tank. it sounds good n a n/a 3.8 and sounds better on a sc 3.8... its probably the best way to go without spending too much money and trying to find a place that will do true duals with your gas tank (it can be done, but can be expensive and hard to find a shop). -greg

Back