Part # for Hose to Thermosat

ipeefreely

Hey guys!

I am working on pulling my motor apart to replace the headgaskets and I ran into this hose from the water pump to the thermostat it attaches to the coolant sensor. The hose does not want to come off so I was going to cut it off and replace it since it’s probably the original. So, does anyone know the part # or if I should just replace it with a generic piece of hose?

Here's a pic.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jay

Attachments

• hose pic 3.jpg
    hose pic 3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 93
That is a preformed hose and it should be purchased as such do to its proximity to the supercharger belt. Its typically a stocked item at most parts stores, just tell them you need a water pump bypass hose.

Paul

Jay, I can get you the Motorcraft number for that hose when I'm back at work tomorrow. As Paul said, it is a moulded hose, you should replace it with the correct item to avoid trouble. I have them for less than $6.00 CAN at the dealership, so full list on one from your local dealer should be less than $8.

cheers,
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Ford p/n E9SZ 8597 B, Motorcraft KM 1748. $7.14 CAN retail price. The Edmonton warehouse has a few in stock, since your local dealer likely doesn't keep them on the shelf.

cheers,
Ed N.

Back