2k idle think it is mass air sensor

baddabing80

I just purchased a 90 anniversary sc and I am having trouble with the idle. it idles anywhere from 1500 - 2000 rpm I dont think it is the iac because i unpluged it and everything stayed the same. but when I unpluged the mass air flow sensor the idle went down low. I just dont want to start replacing parts without a little insight. The idle was fine when i picked up but when i was sitting in a parking lot the idle shot up and hasnt went down since. thanks I also get the dying goose sound when i shut down.

Last edited:
It's the IAC valve...the dying goose sound is a classic symtom. It probably didn't do anything when you unplugged it because it's not working.

David

Hello

Hello,
I'll second that on the IAC.
Make sure you get the Ford part.
When I purchased a non Ford IAC it did not fit.
Good Luck,
D Rainer

i unplugged my iac one day and plugged it back in and mine idled fast for a week around 1500 to 2000 until i unhooked the battery then it was ok

Last edited:
that was it I just replaced the iac and it is good to go thanks alot. Also I found it at www.rockauto.com for like 57.00 pretty cheap for the ford iac. the dealership wanted 95.00 for it. But you have to search the ford part # or they will direct to a remanufactured one. flying again.

Back