afraid of my 10% pully

turboken

I am having Magnum Powers rebuilt my 93 blower stock, and while they are at it, I'm having them put a 10% pully on it. I won't be able to drive for the next 6 months (medical restriction, not legal ;-) ), so I will be doing some exhaust stuff before I romp on it. I have already cut off the cats, and will buy a magnaflow resonator, and will run 2.5 inch pipe to the resonator, then 3 inch out to the Y, then 2.5 back to the rear, and will probablly keep stock mufflers. I have a K&N cone on the MAF, with the stock air tube. Anything that I'm missing that I NEED to do also? Will stock mufflers handle it? I'm scared because the only person I have ever met with a SC put a pully on a bone stock one, and, of course, it blew the HG's. Mine wont be bone stock, but it will be close. Thanks guys.

Ken Lamond

What brand gaskets did you use? The reson the original ones blew is because the head gaskets Ford used on the supercharged SC are the same ones from the non-supercharged 3.8!(i am basing this off of my experiance at the local parts store, in which the head gasket part number was the same thing for both cars)

Sounds like short of porting your exh. manifold , you will have opened your exhaust up sufficiently....I have read quite a few opinions that the stock muffs flow just fine. It is the Stock cats and resonator that create the bottleneck.

Jeff

are the manifolds really that restrictive? i want to do almost the same thing but super turbos insted of stock. othere than that same exhaust setup + a 5% overdrive with a Magnaport 2 blower and high flow plenum im hoping that this will be ok on my brand new felpro (SP?) gaskets

My bad.....I meant that short of porting he has opened it up as much as possible. The manifolds are not too restrictive on a mostly stock/ lightly modded application.

With exaust open up to 2.5-3-2.5 you should be totally fine to run the 10%. Many of the top sc's have stock ported exasut manifolds, and new ones help, but your old ones should be fine. It is the cad and resanator section that cuts it down so much. With all that open the back pressure should be relieved enough. Ive also heard that raised tops are great for relieving backpressure. Hope you get some great performances and get back to your speed racing real soon. lol. Zach

Aaarrrrgggggg, i had the ford house do the gaskets, so I'm sure they used the ford gaskets. Oh well, Ill just cross my fingers, pray, and knock on wood every day. thanks guys.

ken

Back