Autometer gauges which ones guys??

DGernmann

Alright guys I need opinions please. I want to get a gauge pod with 3 gauges. The 3 I am going to get are, Boost-Voltage-Temp

1) The boost gauge should I get the ones with the Vac and boost or just boost.

2) Which ones? Electrical or mechanical? I was figuring boost mechanical, Volt-electrical and Temp-electrical?

3) Which style should I get? Was thinking Autometer: Ultra-Lite, Cobalt, or Carbon Fiber??

Here are pics of each:

Carbon Fiber

Ultra-Lite Boost

Cobalt

Thanks for the input, and if anyone knows a cheap place to get them besides Jegs or Summit let me know.

Drew

phamtom is my favorite with teh red backlight in them.:) they really stand out on a dual gage pod

I went with oil pressure and water temp, both electrical. I chose the Pro-Comp Ultra-Lite because I like the look of aluminum, and they were reasonably priced. The cobalts are just too expensive for my tastes, I'd rather spend that money on performance. I didn't like the carbon fiber because it seems to be a distracting background and made the gauges harder to read in a glance.

I misread

I misread the price on the cobalts too damn expensive..I liked the carbon fiber ones but as Rob put it looks too busy. I thought the Ultra-Lites had a white background but they don't, its silver. Hmm phantoms do look nice. Anyone have pics of them lit at night?? I have not found any on the internet.

Looks like I am leaning towards the phantoms..
Thanks.

Drew

Where can I get the full piller (3 gauge pod) at and how much?

The gauges I would get are the ones that say "Ford Racing" in red on the faces and in boost, oil pressure, and temp.

Shane

Here is a pic of my phantoms lit at night. I use Blue LED's for backlighting. Sorry for the poor quality and focus, my digicam sucks.

Paul

Attachments

• im001100.jpg
    im001100.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 152
Hey shane,
dude, i remember i was gonna post the source for the 3 gauge pillar for you on another thread. I apologize brother, good thign some already posted it here. Anyways, the gauges you are talking about that have 'ford racing' in the faces are (i believe) only offered through ford's catalog. I love those too man, i have an old catalog that has them but it sux because they only have (at least on that manual) the conventional water temp, oil, boost, voltage, and big *** tach. I want other things on mine pillar whenever i get it, like: electricl fuel pressure, A/F ratio, etc. I want to have the guy over at the tccoa do my white gauges on the same manner with the 'ford racing' logo in the middle to keep them even.

Thats cool CaifanSC. Yeah I want to get that full piller and those gauges soon. Thats not a bad price at all too.

Shane

Gauges huh

I'm partial to these.
115805_74_full.jpg

115805_75_full.jpg

I paid $40 each from ebay, new in the box. The oil pressure and temp gauge are electrical and come with senders, and the boost gauge is mechanical. Pillar was $58 shipped and painted, if memory serves me right.

Thanks, I like them too. I got them through here via ebay,SPEEDHUT . If you like that, you'll probably like these too. Not tryin to hijack the thread, but If you got it, flaunt it.
115805_68_full.jpg

Back