shaking after restart

thundercougar

1993 Thunderbird Lx with n/a 3.8------------The other day I got pulled over and I was given a ticket for unsafe start at a stop light, I blew away this annoying honda civic with a fart can and made a scene doing it, and I just happened to look to the right and seen a cop in an explorer and knew I was dead so I pulled into a gas station but tried to look not so guilty as I pulled up to a pump, then he turned his lights on.

I shut off my car and attemped to talk my way out of it with no avail, but Im planning on challenging the ticket.

I got back in my car and started it up and it started shaking pretty bad, but no knocking noises or anything like that, I drove to advance auto to ask my buddys opinion and he sugguested that I check the Idle air control valve?>
Im pretty sure that its located on the throttle body, and I had one left over from when I did the engine swap on my cougar, so I changed it.

I really havent driven it much and havent noticed it anymore, but It seemed like it used to happen after a hard run.

Does anyone know what this could be? Did I replace the right thing?

Thanks alot.

I just had to laugh when I read your post because a similar thing happen to me on Sunday. The only difference it was two kids in a Lexus and I was on my cycle. They wouldn't get lost, so when the light turned green at a traffic light, I got on the throttle, lifted the front wheel up, and left them way behind. Then the next thing I see in my mirriors is a cop with his lights on. So being the good citizen I am I pulled over. Also, my buddy is a cop in that township and since he's had other tickets taken care of for me, I figured he'd do the same for this one.
As for you problem don't know. Although I can relate to the ticket.

Back