Air Silencer Removal.... Could we get more?

motocross_masta

Ok, i was thinking, after removing the air silencer the whole inside the airbox or what ever the technical name is for it, will still be a certain size and possibly constrict flow. Do you think that opening up that hole will give an extra kick to it a bit... maybe not so much for the cars w/ stock Maf's / Tb's but if it had larger ones this could help contribute. Here's a link:
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/air_silencer.html

Scroll to the last pic on the left and look, there's the oval-ish shaped hole I'm talking about. Maybe it could be opened up to the left and maybe a bit in and around the bolts? I dunno, just thought it was an idea that could work. Tell me what you guys think.

Depending on how large you can open up the hole, doing so might allow for a cai with less of a bend than the ones that are produced now.

Most of the cold air kits flow through a tube with a diameter no bigger than that hole. I don't think you're going to gain much by opening that up unless you've done something to move more air past your MAF, Throttle body, and all the intake plumbing, not to mention the heads.

Well, I think motocross_masta, and 92redsc, are thinking that opening up the hole would provide more airflow to a stock panel filter with removed air intake silencer. I am thinking that if the whole were opened up it might allow for a different cai design that could have less of a bend prior to the MAF. Probably more trouble than what it is worth though.

Well, I think motocross_masta, and 92redsc, are thinking that opening up the hole would provide more airflow to a stock panel filter with removed air intake silencer. I am thinking that if the whole were opened up it might allow for a different cai design that could have less of a bend prior to the MAF. Probably more trouble than what it is worth though

Yea yea... makes sense.... I dunno? I guess i should get to the Air Silencer first.... as soon as the cars out and its nice

Back