Supercharger question

Trick

I did a search on supercharger noise and got a ton of threads. My question is mine has a pertty loud chattering noise at idle and seems to quiet down as the rpm's rise. From what I understand it is just the coupler that makes that noise on the early style SC's.

Also I read where if they have sat up a while they will chatter till you get some normal use on them again and they quiet down some. This true? Mine sat up 2 years with blown HG's. Then I bought it and began fixing it.

I just want to avoid any costly break downs on this if all it needs is a coupler and/or bearings. I'm not looking for preformance gains just want to make sure it's reilable for everyday use.

Last edited:
Have you checked the fluid level? You might be low. If you have a solid coupler it's going to chatter, that's why later blowers have a spring in the coupler, to take up the slack.

Jeff

There is an allen screw near the base of the snout where you check the fluid level, should be at the thread level.

Yea the first thing I did was check the fluid level. I also noticed tjis morning that it quieter cold then hot, kinda strange.

Back