Fuel Pressure

93SC 5speed

I recently installed a ajustable fuel pressure regulator on my SC and I need to know what PSI it needs to be set for. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

you should really do a search on here for this. its a common question and really it depends on your injectors.

each set of injectors is designed to run at a certain pressure. do a lil research and you will find your answer

good luck
Chris

I was able to find one post (maybe I'm searching for the wrong keywords) but I was hoping to see what you guys would recommend with the mods I have. I know you hate hearing the same questions over and over but I really want to make sure I don't screw up, I have very limited free time for tuning and this is my daily driver. All mods are listed in my signature.

like i said b4 it depends on your injectors.

yes you have #42s but are they bosch or are they another brand?

it matters. you need to find out what those injectors are rated for. if they are bosch injectors you want to run the stock fuel pressure!

if thye are rated at 42 lb/hr at a different pressure than you need to run that specific pressure

Chris

Unfortunately the Injectors were sent to me in a plastic bag with no label, but I purchased them from supercoupeperformance.com if that helps. Does anybody know what brand they sell?

Most injectors are rated at 43.5 psi, however Ford has setup the EEC for about 40 psi static. I've got the MSD 50s in my car and pressure is set to 40 psi and the car has been tuned at that setting. I know other guys running 45 psi static with the same injectors. I perfer the lower static setting so my fuel pump will still be able to keep up at peak pressure and flow. If you raise the base to high say, 50psi and add 15 pounds of boost, the pump must be able to maintain rated flow at 65 psi...most pumps won't and you go lean on the top end.

Just about any injector you choose to install will work fine at 40 psi, the only exception I ran across were Lucas 38# injectors, they had to be set at 43-44 psi or the engine bogged from a stop.

Set the static pressure with the vacuum boost refrence line removed and plugged with engine idling.

David

Back