Who's all going to Vegas?

J

Jim Demmitt Jr

Who's all going to Vegas?

The SCCoSW is going to let me compete in the Vegas meet I am going to put down some big numbers.who is all going to the meet? I want to test at Sac before the meet we are not quite ready just now.once we are hang on big power hoping in another week or two

Re: Who's all going to Vegas?

Jim,
I am thinking about it.Are you driving your SC?
Kurt Sr

Hey Boys,
I am planning on going.
What is the exact date?
Laterz,
D Rainer

The weekend of the 16th Feb.
Want to travel together Dave??????
Kurt Sr

We are on kill for this one

Kurt going to take it down on the trailer just in case something goes wrong.becouse I am going to push it to max and try to run a 12.00et or 11.99et and bring home the gold.wish Aaron had his car runing we could tag team these guy's and meet in the final that would be so neat to see

Re: We are on kill for this one

Jim,
well if your on a trailer or not dose'nt bother me. I was thinking if the more of us that travel together the more help we would have if one of us get into trouble,that and it would just plan look cool. I'm sure as we move closer to the meet that some of us will try to hook up and cruz together.
Kurt sr

Re: We are on kill for this one

i'll go. car is not running yet, but i will still go.
junior

Junior nice to see you on here

How is that Hot Rod SC of yours coming along?we are almost ready to thunder looking to go to Vegas.last time I was there whipped Fred bad on a match race took home quickest ET award and best of show.glad to see your going its going to be fun. hope to do some SC racing next summer with the club members take care

my car is looking...

like i took it apart and never put it back together. i need to stop spending money on my truck and start working on the car. that is an old picture, on my next post ill put up a more recent one. but like you say jim, vegas is going to be fun, ive never been their, i hope it is as fun as it sounds.

Re: my car is looking...

You will have a blast in Vegas it's just a matter of time and you will be burning up the track with your SC. your truck is nice and that SC will be a bad to the bone Hot Rod soon

Re: "whipped Fred bad "

Fact's only Sin City Meet Las Vegas January 2001. I raced Fred beat him went 13.60et at 100mph received the quickest ET award and best of show check SCCoSW meet's you will find proof and pictures it was fun with very nice people. you need to get your fact's together before you talk

A win is a win ! Jim holds the record for the event.

Facts are facts.

Jim is a helluva driver, and can get the most out of his vehicle. You know the old saying, "in order to win, you must finish". My vehicle was not fully prepped to be a race car, and really had no business having slicks on it (yes Jim, I drove 700 miles home without very much of 3rd gear!).

On the other hand, Jim, don't go around saying you beat me with "raw power". That engine you were running was strong, but hardly a match for the 4.3 .

Now that you have a big bad motor, too, I will just warn you that these cars came closely engineered from Ford, with not enough extra in any of the systems. (That's why they are so expensive to modify) I commend the choice to bring it on a trailer. Be sure to have driveline parts! I think that Art Carr setup can take it, though.

If my new crank gets here on time, I'll bring the car to Vegas and we all can have some fun doing heads up runs. Ain't it the truth?

Re: Fred you are a gentlemen......

....,this is the way a gentlemen answers a challeng. Very polite and to the point.
Good luck to you and Jim!!!!!!
Jr.

..I agree J. That responce is better than a pi$$ing contest..
Kurt Sr

Just cleaned up the thread a little... sorry was a little late on that

Anyways... yeah so when is the meet again?

I might go to it.... sadly not in the SC though... the clutch, supercharger, and piston rings are all going.... *sigh*

Good luck Jim, and wise idea to trailer the car... which btw when u gunna give us more details about it ;) when are you supposed to be done it is almost a year later... Also where was aaron been lately?

Fred, I need to talk to you, I got some plans for my car, but need some advice.

Thanx,
Nathan

Thank you Fred

We had a great time in Vegas with all of you SCCoSW SCer's and you are the nicest person one could ever meet.I had a great time talking to you at the track and at Hoover Dam.and you are a great driver with one fast car hope all goes well with your new motor it will be a Rocket

I'll be there, but I'll be coming UP from LA then

Nathan the Moderator he he

Now don’t get pissed off at me and edit or delete this message but you are the Moderator? That is just too funny man. I mean I cannot stop laughing as I am typing. I am just thinking of your history on the board and thinking of the other things a Moderator is called, Diplomat, Mediator, Go-Between, Arbiter, and Referee. All of these terms are pretty impartial, neutral, unbiased, and you don’t seem to be he he he. Ok now Nate this does not mean that I am not your friend any more but just pointing out the obvious. Anyway that meet should be a blast boy’s.
Laterz,
D Rainer

Re: Evav-Dave......Nathan?????!!!!

Dave,
maybe Jim and I could meet with you coming out of the bay area when we go?
Evan,
Maybe we could catch you near LA some where and cruz the rest of the way to Vegas.
Nathan,
Moderator!....hmmmm....I reserve the right to hide and watch..
Kurt Sr

Re: Evav-Dave......Nathan?????!!!!

I hope I can go, but there is one problem that I definitely have to fix first... my car is "vibration limited" to about 80mph, so until I can figure out what's causing that, I don't want to be doing the long drive to Vegas. But it would be fun to run at that track again, much nicer than Sac. I'll have some new goodies on the car, including my EEC tuner with a calibration from the doctor.

Rob

Back