eec harness connectors

creeperxr7

well now i think one of my problems is in the wirring in my harnness that goes from the computer to the dash harness.. looks like previuos owner cut the wires and put them back together but maybe not in the correct pins........ The harness im talking about is the one with the blue connectors by the black one ....the car is a 90 auto.. could any body post some pictures for me or give me the order and color of the wires that go and come out of that harness.... cuase i have a ground wird that some one pulled out of that harness and didnt put it back.... it still has the pin connector .. well the other side of the harness their is no black wire that goes any were... any help :confused:

I'm sorry, what problem are you having?

The ground wire in the blue connector is the sheild wire for the ABS leads.

well dave i really dont know if i have a problem or not but when i was looking at the harnesses the other day i was installing my remote start.. i noticed that the blue harness on the eec side of the connector the wires were diffrent color then the ones on the other side of the connector......so i peal the tape back and i find some crimp connections looks like somebody tapped into the wiring llll or maybe it just me cause my car has always had some electrical prob.:(

can any body tell me if this is what your connector wires look like (meaning if this is the same color of wire in the correct pin location..:(

Attachments

• blue connects.jpg
    blue connects.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 108
If all the colors match up, it really doesn't matter if they are pinned differently. I did not look at my plugs, but you show that everything matches up. The only wire missing is the sheild ground for the ABS leads. Didn't you say that there was a pin pullled out of one of them?

If any other pins were not connected, then your car wouldn't run. The wires in that plug are for the front ABS sensors and the power fuel pump relay/inertia switch. In any case, I would just repair the connections to remove all doubt.

What kind of electrical problems have you had?

well when i pull codes it refrences me that some sensors are out of range .. also awhile back my car wouldo do some funny stuff.. it turned on in the morning . if i let it run like 10 minutes .. shut it off and tried to turn it on again good luck..... changed cam, crank dis, coil, and all kinds of little things... so i go to put the scan tool on. and as long as the ignition key was of the scan tool turned on as soon as the key was in the run position.... it shut off so couldnt run test....looked and looked i started following the ground circuits and ha no contenuity between the eec black connector by the blue on checked pin was broke fixed it and end of problems.... before it would also run rich as heck... as for the abs shield wire theirs no black cable comming from the other side..

Back