Who is running a PI stallion tripple locking disc

blown96bird

I currently have a mark 8 2200 rpm stall converter. It is sliping while under full throttle acceleration. The car is setup to lock the converter under full throttle acceleration. I am making so much torque that I am over powering the converter. I know that the tripple locking disk converter will have over twice the gripping strength mine has now. I have 3.73 gears and am considering getting a 2900 rpm converter pi stallion tripple locking disk converter. Jerry said the rpm of the converter will work good with my setup. If you changed to this type of setup did it mess with your shift points or shift firmness. I was told by a-train it might mess with it till I had jerry reprogram it. If you have done this I would like to here your experience. I am also considering droping the boost pressure from 8-9 psi to 6.5-7 psi till I can get forged pistons and rods.

I currently run the blower at 14300 rpm at 6000 rpm I am going to slow it down to about 13300 rpm at 6000. I was spinning it at 12000 rpm with the stock 3 inch pulley and I will use a 2.7 inch pulley to spin it at 13300.

Last edited:
I have one in my 94 SC with 3:73 gears. I like it but it did make the shifts less firm. Most of this is due to the fact PI missed my requested 2400 stall speed by about 1K rpm too much. I need to pull it out one of these days and get it re-stalled.
I does hold tight to 400 ft lbs locked up under full throttle with no slipping.

Back