Problem...Slippin Clutch...Rear Main Seal...

89SCK@t

I had my car on the lift last night and noticed some oil on the front of my tranny. The oil wasnt red and it didnt look like it came from the Clutch master cylinder or anything... The only thing is now I know why my clutch is slipping.

How tough is it to change the rear main seal? Do i have to drop the oil pan as well as the tranny? Does anyone have a pic of the part that I am supposed to change? I got a quote for a rear main seal thats rubber for like $10...not bad, but I thought the center piece that the flywheel bolts up to is the seal...anyway, any help is always appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

well the flywheel bolts directly to the crankshaft. Behind the flywheel is where there seal is.

You have to drop the tranny, remove the clutch and flex plate and pry ou the old one and check for burrs etc the get the install tool and tap the new one in. I'd get a whole new clutch kit while your at it and resurface the flywheel.

how hard is it in the AOD? im putting in a brand new rebuilt AOD this weekend and am gonna change the RMS while im up there.... i already have the part, it looks to be about the size of a tennis ball.

Back