Starter, yes or no?

I thought this was going to be the easiest question I've ever asked? I figured one of you guys that sells parts or have done a auto to 5-spd swap would know.

Kurt

YES, they are the same.........

Do a search......Good luck. I put a starter on from a F-350 and it rubbed the flywheel. With a T-bird starter the gear snaps back further so it doesn't rub ...

Yes, I always do a search first. Nothing came up on this. I was pretty sure they were the same since it wasn't mentioned in the threads on the 5-sd swap.

I also couldn't find specific info on rebuilding the starter so if anyone knows where I can find that let me know. XR7Dave was talking about it in a thread, about someone who was sick of spending $$$ on their SC, within the last week but I haven't been able to find that thread either.

Thanks,
Kurt

I have an AOD not a 5spd but I was able to get rebuild parts for my starter at Napa. I've serviced it three times. Twice it stopped working and I just disassembled and cleaned it, no parts needed replacement. Finally the third time I needed new brushes, I think it was around $20.

Back