92 SC vs 95 Lx 4.6

92silverlx

i was out stretch'n the SC's legs and ran into (not literally) a guy with i think was a 95-96? Lx with the the 4.6 in it, well his ride was AWESOME it was a silver gold color with the full xenon body kit and some fat @zz meats on the stock rims anywho i rolled up next to him and it was on he hit it and it ROARED, then i punched it and quickly caught and left him, so i slow and wait for him to pull up i got him to pull over so i could check out that beast, well his mods consist of 3.73's, superchip, Flowmasters and a K&N cone. That thing sounds mean as hell and BARKS like a pitbull in second, well we made acouple more runs (2-3)and i could not hook-up at all (my tires BLOW) but everytime i would pull on him even with my excessive wheel spin he'd launch a good half cars length on me but as soon as i hooked it was all SC BABY, anywho can anyone give me a ball park range of wut his 1/4 mile times would be with his setup......

thanx Joe

it all depends on the the elevation id say if he was here in CT he would be runnin low 15's maybe high 14's, cuz my 96 4.6 runs mid 15's and its bone stock

that is suprising i dunno if he's that quick considering i'm completely stock i was over at TCCOA trying to find some info on the 4.6 birds and found that they are pretty quick with only few mods if he is running low 15's high 14's then my car is running atleast acouple tenths faster(at 70-75 i'm a good 2-3 car lengths out and pulling still), I live a good hours drive from the gulf of mexico so we should be very close to sea level.....i really need to get my car to the track and see what it is capable of (but not until i open up that exhaust)

thanx 4 the reply lowflynburd

I know my stock 91 SC ran a 15.6 at 88 with terrible 60ft...2.6s if I remember right and to make it better I have every option so shes a true tank on wheels.

Anyways I think typical 89-93 sc autos run any where from 15.4-15.9s...it depends on the options and the driver too..

Anyways its hard to tell exsactly what a 92 will do, but that should be close.

-Tim

Back