factory CD player

ThePikey

im looking to remove the factory cd player in my 90 supercoupe.... i was wondering if anybody made a cup or plate that would replace it instead of having a hole in the dash... other wise im just gonna leave it in the car

go to the junkyard, i went there one day just dicking around and i found a little cubby thing that fits directly in there that was out of a cougar, and it fit right in, dont really use it that much but it fills the gap. they do sell cupholders that go in there on e-bay, those look cool, or you can put some guages in there too, guages are pretty cool looking too! good luck

The cupholder he is refering to is from a early model Taurus and is a lot better than a DIN holder that he said he got from a cougar. Oh and scratch the ones on ebay they go for like 20...I got mine from a yard from 5 bucks...way over priced for what it is.

When you get it you'll need a dremal to make some modifications but nothing thats difficult at all to handel. Your have to shave off the little track thing on the bottom, you'll see what I'm refering to when you get it. Then you need to swap the coin and cup holder around. The unit will have the coin tray on the top and the cup holder on the bottom...just pop em out and reverse the order. If I remember right you have to remove a little bit of the stop on the cup holder to inorder for it to open a little more to clear the dash...

There you have it. Simple and you'll still be up money compared to ebay.

-Tim

cup/coin holder

thanks for the info.. ill just steal the coin/cup holder out of my wifes taurus. (hehe j/k)

Back