Headlights staying on

JROD

Im not sure whether all T-birds have all their lights (interior and exterior) stay on after the car is turned on, then turned off- but regardless to say I am finding it quite annoying and it has only caused me further problems (with an already drained system, thanks to some charging problems and a number of high powered accessories) even though they do eventually turn off automatically (after about 2 minutes or so). I am highly curious as to how I can override this function and restore my ability to control my lights manually, whether it be via bypassing some control unit or simply just cutting some wires. Any and all suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There's a little verticle nob next to your light switch. Turn that all the way up. It will click into the last place. That is the automatic lamp switch. It will turn on the lights when it gets to a certain light level, and turn them off likewise. They will also keep the lights on for up to 3 minutes after the car is shut off. That varies depending on how far "down" you have the mob turned. The farther down, the longer they stay on. If that doesn't change it, then your lights have been modified, and I won't be able to help you from there.

Not sure what options you may have on your SC but I know that mine will do this if I have on the Auto Headlight feature. If you have that feature just turn it off and it should be fixed. Only other thing that I could think of for the interior lights staying on would have to do with the sensor in the door telling it that its ajar...in which leaving the lights on?

Need to know a little more on your options before I could make a more educated guess.

Also, I see your from Virginia so you may want to check out the Mid-Atlantic MN12 web site. www.mamn12.com we're pretty active and some of the nicest guys our in the group.

Good luck to ya.

-Tim

Back