sc left for dead

driveway

i was cutting through a neighborhood im not familiar with when i happened to glance up a driveway only to see a red sc just sittin there under a few years of dirt,tree scum. i stopped and took a closer look at it and it apears to bee all there and in decent shape.(its a 5-spd too) i knocked on the door and the lady told me that her neice owned the car and it just wouldnt start one day and she never attempted to get it looked at. she said she was a student living on her own and could surely use any extra cash she could get. i got her # and hope when i call her later she says make me an offer and get it out of here! wish me luck, ill get pics tomorrow and let you know what happens.

gettin kinda nervous, i called and, no answer. i stopped by there today after class and noone was home. this sucks cause i dont want her to think im to interested and ask retail for it. a second and better look at the car revealed a bit more wear and tear than i thought, but its not that bad.

This is the red one I found in a drive way under a tree. It needed a motor and some tlc but good as new now.

you pic`s are probly to big. I tried to resize mine hope this works

Attachments

• small 04.jpg
    small 04.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 259
yep that was it (quite a few years ago) this one has duals coming way out the back like 4 inches or so, hehe. yours is much nicer.HOPEFULLY if this happens it to could look like that with a little work.

I ran into somethin similair around here. About 4 blocks away, me buddy noticed an SC dirty, flat tires, just sittin. 6 mos later, still there, but there was signs of life at this house finally. Well, we went to check it out. 89-91 5spd, 120k ish, and one visible rust spot. Turns out, it belonged to this guys brother, who had bought it new, and he parked it before he got married. I guess over the past 3 yrs its been there, he's gotten a lot of offers, but he don't wanna part with it. Who knows. I'd prefer to see it go to a good home rather than just sit. And still, no response from this guys brother.

I have run into this situation twice before, and they are both still there. They have been sitting for at least 2-3 years since I took notice of them so who real knows how long they have been sitting for. One is a Midnight blue 89 SC auto with +250K miles on it and one flat tire, and the other is a 35th 5-speed with 130-140K on it. The owner of that car is hell bent on getting $3,000 at the very least, because he states that he knows what it is. And I'm sure it doesn't make things any better when I show up im my 35th wanting his. He probably thinks he can milk the money out of me if he waits long enough, but it is now where even worth $3,000. It doesn't even run let alone it was broken into once before and still has the wonds from that episode, and he even tried to tell me that my 35th was a fake. Oh well.

Shane

Oh yeah, the owner of the 89 said he didn't really want to sell his car, but he would sell for $2,500. I just dont understand.

I know of a silver SC (91-93 probably) that is sitting in a junk yard now. Nothing wrong with it except for the headlights, hood and bumper that was destroyed by a deer. I guess the Insurance company totalled it that easily. Everything else is fine.

Last edited:
Theres a 89/90 black on black SC 5 speed accross the street from where I used to work in Downtown Richmond. Its still there 2 years later on the side of the road in an alleyway. Problem is there are no tags and the VIN is scratched off of it. I called the cops but the cars still there. There isnt much i could do with a possibly stolen car with no VIN #. Even the VIN on the inside door jam is gone. Must have been a really hot car when it was stolen. maybe I should just go get it and turn it into a drag car, but i dont want to get in deep crap.

I bet someone seriously misses their black SC...No telling when it was probably stolen. Whats up with so many SCs getting jacked like that?:mad:

1QuikV6 said:
I bet someone seriously misses their black SC...No telling when it was probably stolen. Whats up with so many SCs getting jacked like that?:mad:
that brought a tear to my eye....

almost :rolleyes:

Back