Blend Door Location??

DyingtoLive

My climate control is giving out E2 and E7 codes which has to do with the blend door. I just bought a haynes manual but it doesn't show me where the blend door is located or how to access it. I did a search but I still cant find the location of it.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Chris

The blend door is inside of the evaporator case. The door itself is not really easily accessed. However, the lever which is used to move the door hooks up on the outside. On the climate controlled setup, there should be a motor or vaccuum actuator which moves that lever. On the manuals setup, a cable moves the lever. To get to it you usually have to remove most of the middle part of the dash, or sometimes the whole thing.

The motor for the blend door is shot. The controller is a pain in the rear to get to, but it can be done. It is a black box with one electrical terminal going to it , with a white spot on it that mounts on the front (when looking at it from the passenger compartment) of the main air ducting. The white spot is part of the nylon gearing inside the controller box.
If you drop the glove box down and look back towards the center of the dash board you might be able to see it. Four bolts hold it to the main air duct. The top one is blind unless you take the whole dash out.

I've taken mine out twice to clean it. This turned into an annual ritual. But I finally decided to replace it and was surprised to find it isn't that expensive. I THINK about 30 bucks.
Hope this helps.

[edit]
here is a pic of the controler. (Outlined in Yellow)
Blend_door_contorler.jpg

If this is the first time you have had this problem and money is tight you may get away with pulling it out, taking it apart and cleaning the circuit board with alchol. That process was able to get me another year or so on the controler.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys.

I just went and checked it out, now i know what im looking for. Hopefully i can get my hands on a new motor and replace it tomorrow.

Chris

Back