Experiment worked!

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
I had asked before for some electronics assitance for a little project i was doing for my 94, and now im done. It all started when i began fiddling with the pusher fan on the 94-95 sc's. I hooked it up to a switch and put it inside my center console compartment. The fan is not big enough to make a difference when its working by its self, but one hot day on my way to the track the temp gauge started slowly creeping up even with my ac (rad fan) on. So i flip on the switch and to my surprice that little fan is not just there to look pretty! It actually helps cool quicker when used in conjuction to the big rad fan. So i decided to find a way to put a permanent position for the switch. I then saw pix of the info center on the automatic 94+ cougs and tbirds and POOF! Idea! I asked around, finally bought a module (actually a few) and slapped out the EVTM. Long story short....i can now control the small pusher fan with the button of the trac assist. My goal was to have the switch on a good location but while still keeping the factory look, and since 5speed SC's do not come with the trac assist button, this was perfect. Its a pretty cool and nifty idea for 5speed 94/95's or even for the automatics who have disbled the trac assist. Like I said, engaging this little fan with the bigger one helps it cool down. It is my experience that if the needle ever gets to the O or the R with the rad fan working, when flipping the switch for the pusher fan the temp lowers to about the N in about a minute or less. Here is a pic...pardon the dust, i havent cleaned the car in a while.

Attachments

• mvc-012s.jpg
    mvc-012s.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 186
Here's another...i just have to find a way of erasing the 'traction assist' letters and see if I can find some type of white/clear sticker with the image of a little fan that i can put in there.

Attachments

• mvc-013s.jpg
    mvc-013s.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 195
Back