fabbing mods?

351/408

i got a few questions for all you fabricators out there.i have a 90 sc 5spd that is bone stock and i want to start adding a few mods this summer.ive been reading some past threads and there is alot of emphasis put on air intake system.i was just wandering if anybody has used intake systems that were made for different cars and made them work?seeing how the sc intake systems are 3 times as much.also can anything be done with the stock maf sensor?can the sensor itself be mounted into a larger tube?i have an 85 mustang that is strictly drag that i have fabricated many things on it but it is old school with carb and no ecm.so trying to fab up things on this 90 sc are new to me.any other cheap fabs/mods would be appreciated.thanks

Yeah, you can put your sensor on a different housing. I got mine on a late model mustang housing. As for in take tubes, I read in here where they were taking the after market tubes from a Focus with a Z-Tech engine and getting good results. In my experence with my '90, exaust mods are the best and most important. If it can't let air out, it doesn't do much good to get air in.

Back