MP FMIC Mounting?

DLF

So, how did you guys mount your FMIC's? Specifically, what did you do to secure the two top mounting tabs?

I've been thinking about using hood pins, with some sort of rubber damper between the tabs and the radiator support.

Doug,

I just followed MP's instructions and drilled two holes and used the provided self tapping lag bolts.

David

Attachments

• fmic4.jpg
    fmic4.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 156
Yeah, I could do that, and probably will. I was just trying to see if anyone had come up with a more elegant solution. I'm a little concerned about solidly mounting the top, while the bottom rests in the rubber donuts.

Thanks.

Last edited:
It certianly wouldn't hurt to give it a little wiggle room, I tore one of the lag screws out (drivers side) at the track. The upper tube connection is very rigid and when the engine moves on a hard launch it pulls the intercooler toward the engine.

Rather than risk breaking the IC tank I just put in another bolt but didn't tighten it all the way. In truth, the lower mounts and the upper IC tube are probably enough to hold it, but a pair rubber isolators would be the best way to secure it.

David

Last edited:
Well, there you go ;)

If I come up with a better solution, I'll share it with you.

Back