Wire in truck that is always hot??

fastsc92

I'm looking for a wire in the trunk that is always hot, which would be the same as running a wire to the battery dirrectly. Is there a way to do it?

Last edited:
seems to me like you're trying to wire an amplifier. By all means, save yourself the trouble by running a new wire up to your battery, and a 25 amp, inline fuse. Stock wiring is only meant to handle, what it was intended to run. For example: If you were to try to run an amplifier that draws 25 amps off of your brake lights (10 amp), you'd surely fry something. Some people have noticed that even wiring in low amperage replacement fog lights, does damage to factory wires. Run a 6-8 gauge, stranded wire. And for heavens sake, make sure it's red! :rolleyes: Fuse it as close to the battery as possible, that way if there is any short from the battery back, anywhere, it will pop the fuse, and not cause a fire... trust me, i know about fires... not because of electrical, but because of my infamous brake fluid leak... right on the drivers side cat... Anywho, good luck =)

this is for a nitrous bottle heater. They gave me a 30amp fuse inline with the relay, so it has to handle at least that. I jsut wanted to avoid running an 8 gauge wire all the way up to the batt. I guess thats what i'll have to do.. Thanks guys.

Back