help!! stuck during aod removal

pdennis93

we removed all the visable bolts from the AOD tranny, and the torque converter bolts, the driveshaft is out, the gas tank is out, but the tranny wont budge, it feels loose but it will not come disconnected from the engine, is it possible the tranny has rusted to the engine, or the torque converter is balooned and preventing the tranny to come off? does anyone have a trick to getting the aod down?

YOF, 68COUGAR

Pete, Your TC hasn't ballooned. That only happens if you WAY over rev the engine, with a bad TC.

Do you have a Ford Shop Manual? I'll scan anything you need & E-mail it to ya! You know my E-ddress!

YF

68COUGAR

YGM........soon

Pete,

I'm sendin' ya Shop Manual pages 17-20-42 thru 17-20-47.

Let me know if you need more info. I've looked through the AOD pages, & it's WAY to complicated for me to understand. I'll send ya any thing I have!!!!!!!!!

No Buick to rescue you now!!!! I killed it yesterday!!!!!

68COUGAR

A prybar, bigger one, and a trans jack or an extra person will usually help here. If you got out all bellhousing bolts, i'm thinkin there are 11-13, counting the starter bolts, if memory is right, the tranny may just need some persuasion. When I was installing a tranny into my 90 aod xr7, it took me about 2 hrs to get it to line up right. So if all bellhousing and TC bolts are removed, just put a little force into it.

Re: a Little More Force

Pete, do you have a tranny jack? The tranny may not be coming out, because it's dead weight hanging on the back of the engine.

Are there Dowel Pins between the engine & tranny? Again another argument for a tranny jack!

BTDT!!

68COUGAR
_________

aod

if you can get it to move, IE a pry bar once it is a few inches from the engine it will be necessary to reach inthe bell housing and slide the spline back into the tranny and then it will be easier to remove from the hole, but if you cant get it from the seal there is a bolt somewhere

Back