Decisions/Decisions

Thunderbirdsc1

The time has come to rebuild the motor in my 94 sc, I am at a crossroads. I have found info on the 4.2 stroker at supersix,my question has anyone ellse done this is it worth the extra loot? I know how well a stroked motor runs as my 85 GT is stupid fast . I also check out Coy Millers site, is it me or is 6 grand just too much to build a motor for this car? I have about that in my mustang but this car will never make that sort of power. I am looking for serious feedback of a working combo for this great car, I see all these hp numbers of other cars on the site so please give me some feedback, Thanks.:confused: :confused:

6000 is too much..you dont wanta stroker without a steel crank..Best route is 351 rods with custom pistons..Alot of headwork cam....Good bolts ARP...Take it from there:O)

Thanks for the input, is the 351 rod correct for bearing journal or is machining required to fit. Whats up with the 87 Vert, wanna buy another?

Ha I dont need anymore cars!..Also paul at BTM has a nice stud girdle for sale

Yes some machining needs to be done on teh crank...Nothing major at all to fit 351 rods..Hbeam rods can be had for $300..Figure 600-900 for the pistons depending..Need to find someoen good to do the work

PS..One of the mains needs to be machined down..There are also someissues to be addressed..DO a search on this forum for more info..Of check good SC mechanix section...Ive built many motors inmy days and left my sc motor to someone who has done these mods already..Wasnt willing to experiment here

Been searching the site for days, all I find is bolt ons, I have a very compitent machine shop, here in Maryland on top of being a x Ford Tech myself, I was there when the car I have now came through new,weird?. I just need info to get them info to make this job flow smoothly. Like that ever happens! I have too many cars as well, 2 85 stang, 1 87 stang vert, and none are daily drivers got 2 more for that! I will keep searching!

Back